Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Walked right passed him

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies
I saw my exboyfriend today and walked right past him. I didnt say a word. Are any of you friends with an ex? After you break up i see no point in remaining friends.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jjames1990
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:47 AM
1 mom liked this

I am friends with all of my ex's.  I see no reason to not be.  For me, its the past, there are always 2 sides to every story/relationship and I know I wasn't blameless.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:48 AM
Nope, if I see him I run the other way lol
TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:49 AM
Im... polite to my xh for our son's sake

The guy after him? Well I usually see him when im working so I cant tell him to fuck off... but I think it :)
olliesmommy2
by Metal Awareness on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:49 AM
I was friends with all but 2 of my exes. But we've all moved around and now that I'm married and such, I don't see a point in rekindling those friendships.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:49 AM
Well most relationships have a reason why they end. And it usually isnt a good reason.

Quoting jjames1990:

I am friends with all of my ex's.  I see no reason to not be.  For me, its the past, there are always 2 sides to every story/relationship and I know I wasn't blameless.  

PoisonEyeV
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:51 AM

I can think of one or two that I would HATE to see again and I would literally hide from if I saw them.

A couple I could say hi, how are ya and leave it at that.

I've tried being friends with one of my exes that I was with for years but it just didn't work out. I had no feelings for him but he had some for me and kept trying to make moves on me. It got old and annoying so I slowly stopped talking to him.

Aujonfire
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:51 AM
I only have 2 exes, one I'm still friends with and one I would be polite to but wouldn't go out of my way to say hi to. (Awful grammar, sorry).
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:51 AM
I never got why people remain friends with an ex. Usually they plan on trying to get back with them or a backup plan. Im not friends with any. Not even my child fathers.

Quoting TiffanyRose06: Im... polite to my xh for our son's sake

The guy after him? Well I usually see him when im working so I cant tell him to fuck off... but I think it :)
Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:52 AM
I now live in a different state than I grew up in. So I never see them. Before that, I would see one every now and then. Most I would exchange pleasantries with, but that was it. I don't care for any real friendships with ex boyfriends. Yes, they're an ex for a reason and for that reason, I see no need to keep up with them or their lives.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jjames1990
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:52 AM

I understand and everyone makes the choice of how they live after the relationship.  My ex was abusive to me, for 13 years, verbally, mentally and physically.  Today is his bday, I texted him and wished him a happy bday.  I am not a grudge holder, takes too much of a toll on me.  

Quoting Anonymous: Well most relationships have a reason why they end. And it usually isnt a good reason.

Quoting jjames1990:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)