Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The most embarrassing thing ever...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies

Here's my super embarrassing confession:

So, I am not used to getting my period - I get one maybe once or twice a year (I have the Mirena). It starts out of the blue, is super heavy, and lasts six to ten days.

Okay, so I am a CNA at an assisted living facility. I was doing resident laundry, sneezed, and felt the gush.  I thought I had a pad in my purse (I try to keep one on hand), but it wasn't there. I checked our women's bathroom - no pads or tampons in the dispensers, and none of the girls at work had one. Neither did the DON (director of nursing).

I had to go into one of my female resident's room and ask if I could have one of their poise pads, I asked right as our only male CNA walked in. He blushed, walked out of the room and ignored me the rest of the day. Oh, and the tampon and pads were stocked by shift change. 

That's what happened to me yesterday. What about you - what embarrassing things happened to you this week so far??

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alexsmommy2010
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:32 PM
I've had to put on attends before when I started.
PoisonEyeV
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:33 PM

Why are women embarassed about that sort of thing? I don't understand...

dandylynes
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:34 PM

On my way to work (I walk)  I face planted in the snow just as I crossed the street.  It was on the busiest street of our city :/

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:35 PM

Modesty issues. I was raised to believe that men are not supposed to hear about female issues. But also, I had to ask for a Poise pad - do you know how huge those are?

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

southern.momof2
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:36 PM
I fell UP the stairs at the post office the other day. I have a bad knee from an old injury and it tends to lock up on occasion.
PoisonEyeV
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:36 PM

Eh, smile & wink.

Quoting Anonymous:

Modesty issues. I was raised to believe that men are not supposed to hear about female issues. But also, I had to ask for a Poise pad - do you know how huge those are?

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

olliesmommy2
by Metal Awareness on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:37 PM
I agree. The horror! A woman on her period!! Nooooo!!

But yeah, I can see how that sucks op, glad you found something.

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

bamamommy2009
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:38 PM

Morning sickness caught up with me yesterday and I was having to run out of my office, down the hall{where a little man's desk in his office is facing so he sees everyone in the hallway} several times and then when I lost my cookies finally{thank you for some relief!} some little ole lady was in the bathroom in another stall. She finished her business the same time I was done and I was washing my hands and she asked " deary are you sick?" " No mama it's morning sickness." she blushed " O I don't have anything to help that" and left..... sweetie I am grateful I finally puked bc I felt so much better and enjoyed my crackers afterward! lmao

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Hahha.

I was getting a sandwich at dangelos when the woman had to stop to answer the phone. She asked them to hold on and tried to set the phone on the counter but it fell off so she bent over to grab it and smashed her face into the top of the corner of the counter which broke her glasses and made her fall down.

i felt bad and tried to hush the giggles

Quoting dandylynes:

On my way to work (I walk)  I face planted in the snow just as I crossed the street.  It was on the busiest street of our city :/

kiwiskiwi29
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:42 PM

Nothing embarrassing happened to me this week. Glad you found something for your problem though. I don't know why the male CNA got so uncomfortable. I mean hello women have periods what are you 5? Lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)