Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

if your child plays any form of organized baseball, please answer this

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 80 Replies
So, m on the board for our city rec and elite baseball teams. I deal with money, the costs that go into playing.

This year i have had to raise costs. Because of this i have gotten some pretty angry emails from parents.

Now i think our costs are reasonable. Its expensive to run a city rec sport, and i dont think people understand that.

So im curious, in these catagories, what does it cost for you.

Please please answer honestly. It doesnt help me for you to tell m it costs 200 for your kid to playspring rec, when it rwally costs 80....just because you want to fee special. Or to tell me its free whn its not.

Just be honest.

Oh and all costs are for ags 7-11. After that on averag add about 20 to each category.

Ok

Spring rec....last year as 65. This year 80. But i offer multi kid discounts of 5 dollars a kid and i offer a january walk in discount of 5 dollars for early sign up. So for my 2 kids it cost 140...hopefully hose dicounts make sense.

Summer rec....last year was 70, this year will be 80. N discounts.

Summer all stars...last year 100. This year will be 130.

(You only play one or the other in summer)

Fall rec....last year 65. This year will be 80

Elite travel ....last year 500 this year 550. Plus out ofpocket costs for tournaments and travel costs.

Please answer any category you know. Thanks.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:25 PM
B
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:28 PM
U
fstysxofthebtt
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:29 PM

No I don't think that unreasonable. I want to say for my SS to play last summer is was more.

Hoppers33
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:31 PM
It's been a couple years since dd played rec, she plays school now. Well, softball anyway. When she did play, it was $50 for fall ball, $60 for spring and honestly, I think I only had to pay $15 for a shirt and socks for All Stars in the summer. I wouldn't complain about your prices, though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:35 PM
Thanks for answering.

I would love to just charge the cost of the tshirt and hat, but i have too many costs.

I dont think my prices are unreasonable either. Ive just gotten about 10..."we're leaving this organization" letters. And its only February.

Quoting Hoppers33: It's been a couple years since dd played rec, she plays school now. Well, softball anyway. When she did play, it was $50 for fall ball, $60 for spring and honestly, I think I only had to pay $15 for a shirt and socks for All Stars in the summer. I wouldn't complain about your prices, though.
ladyraven16
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:37 PM
My son plays and its $185 per season, he's 7, and that includes a shirt and har but we pay out of pocket for everything else.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:38 PM
$65 per season for intramural for first through twelfth grade, not sure of travel team but I know it's a lot more expensive.
j3st3r
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:42 PM

Our rec leagues look like this

Football "Juniors" (age 14) and under: $55/season.  pads and helmets are loaned, pants & jerseys are included in the fee.

Cheer 14 and under: $65/season.  cheer top, skirt, sweatshirt, and practice pants included

Softball & baseball 14 and under (non travel teams): $55/season

IDK about travel teams costs though

GhettoKoolAide
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:42 PM
Seems fair too me the price raise wasn't all that much except for the $550 one. My son takes gymnastics and dance.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:43 PM
You pay 185 for a shirt and hat....what do you out of pocket for after that?

Quoting ladyraven16: My son plays and its $185 per season, he's 7, and that includes a shirt and har but we pay out of pocket for everything else.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)