Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Firefighter arrested by Cop

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies

http://www.cbs8.com/story/24637357/chp-handcuffs-firefighter-in-dispute-at-crash-scene 

sounds more like the cop was on some sort of power trip, its a car accident, who cares where the fire truck while they help the injured

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
anotherhalf
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:29 PM
I see an IA in that CHP's future.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:33 PM

whats an IA?

Quoting anotherhalf: I see an IA in that CHP's future.

anotherhalf
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:34 PM
Internal Affairs investigation. I'm pretty sure his supervisors will not be happy with him but he can't be punished without having an IA.

Quoting Anonymous:

whats an IA?

-_-
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:35 PM

I love reading nice stories where everyone has their priorities straight.

lenashark
by Emerald Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:37 PM

He could have been a jerk or he could have done the right thing. It seems nitpicky, but if the firetruck was in a place that could cause more accidents and put more people at risk and he refused to move it, the officer was just tending to the safety of the public and this is a major priority. Others shouldn't be put in danger while saving one person. But, no one will know since we weren't there.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:39 PM

the link has a video that shows what happened i guess, i havnt watched it yet. from what i read, it seemed the firefighter was busy attending to an injured person when the cop started in on this

Quoting lenashark:

He could have been a jerk or he could have done the right thing. It seems nitpicky, but if the firetruck was in a place that could cause more accidents and put more people at risk and he refused to move it, the officer was just tending to the safety of the public and this is a major priority. Others shouldn't be put in danger while saving one person. But, no one will know since we weren't there.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:39 PM

Cops are rarely punished for anything they do...

Quoting anotherhalf: Internal Affairs investigation. I'm pretty sure his supervisors will not be happy with him but he can't be punished without having an IA.

Quoting Anonymous:

whats an IA?

anotherhalf
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:40 PM
Not true. It a personnel issue that can't be made public.

Quoting Anonymous:

Cops are rarely punished for anything they do...

Quoting anotherhalf: Internal Affairs investigation. I'm pretty sure his supervisors will not be happy with him but he can't be punished without having an IA.

Quoting Anonymous:

whats an IA?

lenashark
by Emerald Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:41 PM

If the truck was parked somewhere that was dangerous, it doesn't matter what he was doing, it had to be moved.

Quoting Anonymous:

the link has a video that shows what happened i guess, i havnt watched it yet. from what i read, it seemed the firefighter was busy attending to an injured person when the cop started in on this

Quoting lenashark:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:42 PM

so he should stop trying to save a life so he can move the truck? the cops were there, couldnt they direct traffic for a few minutes?

Quoting lenashark:

If the truck was parked somewhere that was dangerous, it doesn't matter what he was doing, it had to be moved.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting lenashark:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)