Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm Not In Spanish Class!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
This is more of a rant, but I have a friend who speaks hardly any English. I speak Spanish because I grew up with it but my primary language is English. I have a graduate degree and I also speak French, not fluently but I do. I taught myself how to read and write in Spanish. My friend only speaks Spanish, barely speaks English, and barely graduated from high school. None of that matters to me except she is continuously correcting my Spanish when I text her. My texts are always in Spanish (for her benefit). This is so annoying! I feel like texting her in English from now on! What would you do!?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:40 PM
Text her in English.....
bleumonster
by Sapphire Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:42 PM
Quit texting her lol.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:43 PM
Seems like she's just trying to teach you. Help her with English she can help you with Spanish.
2girlsYES
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:44 PM
Text her in english
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Moonbabylove
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:48 PM
You must not have taught yourself to read or write it very well if you are constantly getting it wrong.
Either way I can see how it is annoying and you could just tell her to stop correcting you like a child... but perhaps in a playful way?
AZHOTMOM
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:51 PM
1 mom liked this

I would text her only in english. I would also start sending her texts back to her in english.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:45 PM
No I'm pretty decent I just don't use all the accent marks used and may occasionally misspell a word, plus I'm always texting in a hurry, and the English autocorrect kind off stinks too. I just feel like if I wanted a Spanish lesson I'd ask. I really don't care if I'm texting wrong if she understands what I'm saying. I get it if it bugs her, but sheesh it's like she's trying to act superior or something. I feel like speaking to her in English and correcting her constantly. I would if she wanted the help but I'm sure it would become offensive if I repeatedly did it. I'm sure she would get discouraged.

Quoting Moonbabylove: You must not have taught yourself to read or write it very well if you are constantly getting it wrong.

Either way I can see how it is annoying and you could just tell her to stop correcting you like a child... but perhaps in a playful way?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:46 PM
I think I'm going to. See how she likes it.

Quoting AZHOTMOM:

I would text her only in english. I would also start sending her texts back to her in english.

almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:47 PM
Call her a 'grammar nazi' in spanish
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)