Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you think he is telling the truth?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 64 Replies

This is my 1st time going anon and posting in this group but I wanted to get others opinions...

Some back story, I have a DD who will be 3 at the end of April, she is our only child right now. Well DH lost his job 3 weeks ago and since then has been watching DD during the day while I work. (previously she was in daycare). The last few times when I came home however DD was in a huge full diaper and it soaked through her clothes even. The 1st few times I thought maybe just coincidence, she just had a nap.. whatever. Yesterday however got me wondering, I got home at 6pm. She was laying on the couch watching her shows and I go to give her a hug and she's soaked. Pants, shirt, couch, and a HUGE pee diaper almost fell off her. I was pissed, and immediately asked DH why, he said he had no clue, that she was last changed at 2 something before her nap. I don't believe him.. I am with her all day on weekends and the only time I have seen a diaper that big is if she had the same diaper on overnight and slept in really late. 

Now my question, do you think he could be telling the truth and she peed that much in 4 hours or that he just isn't changing her enough?? Oh and we are supposed to be trying to potty train but DH isn't giving any effort at all. I am beyong frustrated to say the least! I can't wait to see how she is when I get home today...

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:58 PM

BUMP!

TurtleMomma82
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:00 PM
11 moms liked this

Mark the diaper before you leave in the morning and see if she's in the same one when you get home

suzanneyea
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:00 PM

Maybe he is depressed, not doing much all day...he is he taking her out? Cleaning? Making dinner? Losing a job is tough emotionally.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:00 PM

Ooh I like that idea!

Quoting TurtleMomma82:

Mark the diaper before you leave in the morning and see if she's in the same one when you get home

suzanneyea
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:01 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Ooh I like that idea!

Quoting TurtleMomma82:

If it is the same diaper, he might have some depression from the loss of his job.

PonyBoy78
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:01 PM

Mark the diaper and then check it when you get home

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:01 PM

put a little sharpie pen mark on her diaper when you leave and see if its the same one.   at almost 3 yrs old she should be able to tell you if she was changed, too....

hazel1922
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:01 PM
He's lying.
owl0210
by Sapphire Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:02 PM
It sounds as if he isn't changing her when he should.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:02 PM

I think he is but it's hard to tell with him. He doesn't take her out (it's cold and wet here though). He does nothing. No cleaning, I make dinner when I get home, etc. I know it kills him. Plus what makes it worse is we thought he got approved for UE since they sent him the letter, pay amount, PIN but come to find out he has to wait until the 14th now. He thinks now he won't get it and we will suffer.

Quoting suzanneyea:

Maybe he is depressed, not doing much all day...he is he taking her out? Cleaning? Making dinner? Losing a job is tough emotionally.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)