Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

a question for smokers

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:56 PM
  • 13 Replies
I've always been curious as to why people who smoke cigarettes share a cigarette or a pack with one or more person who also smokes? Why does a person have to smoke a cig when they see someone else smoking? I have never seen nor heard a smoker be selfish with their cig or pack if cigs. Please someone explain this to me. I have nothing negative towards smokers. Im just very curious about it, thats all.
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:59 PM
Me and DH share a pack. And I share with other. I've been there when I didn't have any and I didn't like it. I have no problem with giving someone one. It's friends mostly. And as far as smoking when someone else, I guess it's the smell and the cravings start. Idk hasn't happened to me.
lillettemomma
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:14 PM
I always share cause I have been there not having one and ppl have shared with me...... plus me and df share a pack or even split 1 if we don't have a lot of time to smoke.....
sarabear.788
by on Feb. 9, 2014 at 2:48 PM
1 mom liked this

If you have not been a smoker there is no real way to understand the addiction and how it plays with your mind.  Nicotine starts leading your system pretty quick when you are done with a cig.  So as soon as you see somebody smoking, or smell it, your brain tends to say "Hey, you shoulod have some more smoke too!"  I used to share from my pack more freely but since they have gotten so damn expensive less so

thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Feb. 9, 2014 at 2:55 PM

Smoking is a very social thing. I will gladly give anyone a cigarette if they need one because I am a nice person and I have also been there, although I am not the type to ask for one. 

linmei
by on Feb. 9, 2014 at 2:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Can't be greedy with cancer
cLanief
by on Feb. 9, 2014 at 2:59 PM
I am very stingy with mine unless its a mutual sharing. And I don't contribute to non smokers, friends who have quit, or minors. I roll my own so its easy to say sorry dont have one. Lol.
Mandallyn
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2014 at 3:00 PM
Smoking is an addiction, so one smoker understands how another feels when they have to go without.
AuntieM
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2014 at 4:50 PM
Maybe for the same reason women use the bathroom in pairs? Out to dinner with friends, one woman stands to go use the bathroom and at least one other woman will stand up and say "I'll go with you." What's the point of that?
Mrs.LeftBrainer
by on Feb. 9, 2014 at 11:31 PM
Now i get it. Thank you for simplifying it to my level of understanding lol!

Quoting Mandallyn: Smoking is an addiction, so one smoker understands how another feels when they have to go without.
bethpelle
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2014 at 11:33 PM
1 mom liked this
I was going to write this lol

Quoting sarabear.788:

If you have not been a smoker there is no real way to understand the addiction and how it plays with your mind.  Nicotine starts leading your system pretty quick when you are done with a cig.  So as soon as you see somebody smoking, or smell it, your brain tends to say "Hey, you shoulod have some more smoke too!"  I used to share from my pack more freely but since they have gotten so damn expensive less so

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)