Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Annoyances of the technology impaired... share your stories

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 27 Replies
When my sister changed to a touch screen phone she was upset for a while. Kept asking me what she would press to get to contacts and where the up and down buttons were to scroll. It took her a while to get to actually touch the screen. Imo it made things easier.

my mother was always upset when the computer turned off or someone exited the IE because what if it erased all her emails.
she also swore shaking the mouse back and forth made a page load faster.
and she thought you had to have google as the homepage because you had to type websites into google for it to work. Not the address bar.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:05 PM
Bump
LyTe684
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:08 PM
1 mom liked this
My Co worker wanted me to crawl under her desk because she couldn't tell if her computer tower was on or off. Her tower is under her desk. I was 6-7 months pregnant.

Every year twice a years she forgets how to turn on her digital camera and dl the pictures on her computer. She asked me again in January. I told her I don't have time. I have to WORK.

Other Co worker wanted to Print Screen. I had to physically show her that Print Screen is not the same as going to "file" and clicking "print". I told her hit print screen and then enter. She's busy clicking with her mouse.

There is NO enter button on your mouse! Just LISTEN for once in your life!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:12 PM
Forgive me since i usually use laptops... arent there usually a light on on the tower if its turned on?

Quoting LyTe684: My Co worker wanted me to crawl under her desk because she couldn't tell if her computer tower was on or off. Her tower is under her desk. I was 6-7 months pregnant.

Every year twice a years she forgets how to turn on her digital camera and dl the pictures on her computer. She asked me again in January. I told her I don't have time. I have to WORK.

Other Co worker wanted to Print Screen. I had to physically show her that Print Screen is not the same as going to "file" and clicking "print". I told her hit print screen and then enter. She's busy clicking with her mouse.

LyTe684
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:14 PM
Yes. Which is what was pissing me off. Lol She sits at that desk 5 days a week. Has been working here for 25 years. How do you not know what your computer looks like when it's on/off?

Quoting Anonymous: Forgive me since i usually use laptops... arent there usually a light on on the tower if its turned on?

Quoting LyTe684: My Co worker wanted me to crawl under her desk because she couldn't tell if her computer tower was on or off. Her tower is under her desk. I was 6-7 months pregnant.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:16 PM
B
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:21 PM
M
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:23 PM
2 moms liked this
My mil gave dh an iPod she no longer uses along with an ihome docking/speaker. Well the iPod has about 800 songs she's put on it and it's the newest "classic" version. He took it to work and I hadn't heard him mention it since so I figured he liked it.

Last night at 10 he said "if I have to hear beyonce one more time I'm throwing that damn thing in the trash!"

He told me to enjoy it and that he was not going to use it again and it would replace my 160gb classic he lost.

I will enjoy my new iPod especially since I took it off of "repeat" setting hehe dumbass
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:26 PM
HAHAHAHA

Quoting Anonymous: My mil gave dh an iPod she no longer uses along with an ihome docking/speaker. Well the iPod has about 800 songs she's put on it and it's the newest "classic" version. He took it to work and I hadn't heard him mention it since so I figured he liked it.

Last night at 10 he said "if I have to hear beyonce one more time I'm throwing that damn thing in the trash!"

He told me to enjoy it and that he was not going to use it again and it would replace my 160gb classic he lost.

I will enjoy my new iPod especially since I took it off of "repeat" setting hehe dumbass
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:27 PM
LMAO!

Quoting Anonymous: My mil gave dh an iPod she no longer uses along with an ihome docking/speaker. Well the iPod has about 800 songs she's put on it and it's the newest "classic" version. He took it to work and I hadn't heard him mention it since so I figured he liked it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:28 PM
Bump
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)