Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it bad i have a ged?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies

I completed 3 years of high school and couldn't handle the classes anymore. I couldn't concentrate and didn't understand the work. I'm horrible with math and have a hard time remembering things no matter how much i studied. Yes i am smart i don't think having either defines how smart you are. I got a high score on my ged.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BEXi
by BEXi on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:27 PM

I dont think so.. lots of employers look at it the same these days, IMO.

weezer_cookie
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:29 PM
1 mom liked this

It all depends on how you word it.  If you spin it as a positive- that you overcame obstacles and earned it despite your setbacks- then it won't define you. It's all a matter of mindset, IMO. 

And don't listen to what anyone else thinks.  Be positive and good things will come your way.

briellesmomma
by Velvet on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:32 PM
My mom and aunt have geds and both were in successful careers.

My best friend just got hers 2 years ago and works for the wmata in MD/DC driving the buses.
RandiBear
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:32 PM

No, it's good you have it. I was homeschooled and finished school in 2 years but my papers were misfiled then lost so I had to get my GED (had no record of highschool past mid 9th). When I got married I got my GED then went on to college. Having the GED helps a lot and I was told by one employer that these days, he feels people getting the GED have to prove more than those who graduate because of the way testing is done.

69liliem10
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:33 PM

It's not a bad thing.

KaylinC03
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:34 PM
It's better than nothing.
sem1234
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:35 PM
Not bad at all
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:37 PM
In my experience it never made a difference in the real world. Entry level job required mostly that u got something to show u graduated high school.
DeeMD82
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:37 PM

It is better than nothing and once you go to clollege if you do it wont matter anyway whether you had a hs diploma or GED.

babydsmommy18
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:38 PM
Its better then nothing.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)