Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

someone said this was illegal?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
Someone on here said it was illegal for adoption agencies to bribe birth mom's with this kind of reimbursement. Well, these 2 were from this years phone book.

I've seen others even offer mom's a rental car for their pregnancy.

How do you feel about this?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:44 PM

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:44 PM

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:45 PM
How is that bribing?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:47 PM
My guess is that can't get a contractual agreement. That is, they offer these things and the birth mother may or may not end up adopting out
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:48 PM
You don't think free rent in luxury apartments & all expense paid living is bribing? The women being targeted are usually young, scared, and poor or not wealthy. I'm sure seeing things like this is pretty pursuasive.

Quoting Anonymous: How is that bribing?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:50 PM
That's not legal in every state. Each state has their own laws. Some allow birth mother expenses up to a certain amount. However it is all considered a gift. The birth parents are supposed to be able to walk away with their baby and no consequences.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh I see.

Quoting Anonymous: That's not legal in every state. Each state has their own laws. Some allow birth mother expenses up to a certain amount. However it is all considered a gift. The birth parents are supposed to be able to walk away with their baby and no consequences.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:54 PM
No I don't see it as bribing. If I were adopting a baby I would want the mother to be taken care of. If the mom is living on the streets not eating the baby will be the one that is effected.

Quoting Anonymous: You don't think free rent in luxury apartments & all expense paid living is bribing? The women being targeted are usually young, scared, and poor or not wealthy. I'm sure seeing things like this is pretty pursuasive.

Quoting Anonymous: How is that bribing?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)