Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SAHM should cook for husbands- BLAH!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 50 Replies
I've been with my husband for 6 yrs. I'm just a beef chicken person. I don't like pig, lamb, seafood etc. my husband works fulltime and I take care of our child. For the last 6 yrs I have made my husband meals- crockpot meals- chicken, pot roast etc.. My husband has said a couple of them were ok but it's usually yuk to them. I don't know how to cook seafood and the smell is terrible. My husband constantly says to me- oh you don't cook for me blah blah. Ok well I make him tacos, spaghetti and a few other things. But I usually just buy him stuff for sandwiches or frozen dinners. I tell him you are more than welcome to have some stuff in the crockpot but he always says that's gross. I'm not a cook I didn't grow up cooking! Literally I am the worst cook in America! I cannot please my husband in this way! I try new things in recipes but they turn out terrible. I make my little boy and I mashed potatoes, chicken and vegetables. My husband does not want to eat that.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommy383
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Youtube, online recipes, etc. 

Mommy383
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:52 PM

A lot of recipes can be made using the oven, how can you mess that up?

SRUsarahSC
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Six years and you still can't comfortably cook w/o a crockpot?  It's only fair to cook half the meals as stuff you like, half for him.  Are you really trying to cook or making half hearted attempts to do it just so you can say you tried

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:53 PM
1 mom liked this

in 6 yrs you havnt gotten any better? if he doesnt like crockpot meals, then stop making those. i really only eat chicken and beef as well, but i switch it up. i'll make tacos with shredded chicken, homemade shells, and everything. i'll make philly cheese steak sandwiches with garlic buns and provalone cheese, tosdadas with chicken on top, chicken salad, a bowl of beans, corn, grilled onions, homemade chips and either chicken or beef in it.  Mix it up a little bit!

graybealgirl
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:54 PM
Watch food network and learn new recipes
notjstasocermom
by Sapphire Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:54 PM
Poor guy, there are lots of good online cookbooks.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:55 PM
Take some cooking classes. While I don't think you should have to cook every meal for him, I'd be pissed if I was told to eat frozen food.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:56 PM

When I was a stay at home mom my husband still cooked why because I don't want to I don't like it and I suck at it. In return I did mostly all the cleaning (I still expected him to help with the basics like picking up folding laundry on the weekends or whatever else needed to still be done) When he was home we moved from it being all on me to being a team. I work full time now and we still split everything 50/50

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:56 PM

You need to cook more to get better.

I really don't want to be snarky but as a SAHM you really should  be cooking.  I'm not going as far as 'what do you do all day' but if you have an only child I don't really see an excuse.

I work, I go to school full time and still find time to create interesting dishes from scratch.

polkaspots
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:56 PM
2 moms liked this
In six years he hasn't learned to cook a meal for himself once in a while? DH cooks all the time. There are so many things I don't cook that he likes, so he just makes them himself.
You're not required to cook for him just because he's your husband.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)