Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Snow Education- what to do when winter weather hits

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 0 Replies

For all of those who have been unsure in the past, and perhaps made a mistake with a snow and/ or ice storm, this is for you.

Step 1: Review the Forecast and get ready

Have you heard that you may get snow? Take a look at the forecast for your area.  Don't just listen to the weather man, look at an actual weather map. For instance, my area is currently expecting 5-14 inches of snow.

Build up your supply of water and non parishables.

Step 2: Cancel all plans

Not used to driving in this weather? Even if you are, are you comfortable with risking it?  If you answered no to either question, look at your calander and cancel all plans.  Do not judge by what the city, town, schools, etc are doing. Think for yourself.

Even though I grew up with winter storms, I cancelled all plans for today, including a play date.

Step 3: Stay home.

Just stay home.

What happens if you have to work? 

Great question! My husband had to work today, and since his business didn't close down, and he's in charge, he couldn't call out!

He left an hour and a half before his shift, in a car that has all season tires and all wheel drive. It takes 20min on a normal day to get to work via highway.  He avoided the highway, knowing that people get over confident, and crept at a sails pace on non-plowed back roads to get to work.  He will do the same on the way home this evening.

Any questions?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)