Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does it make me a gold digger?

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:59 PM
  • 57 Replies

I didn't date or allow myself to fall in love with anyone who I felt didn't have a promising future.

i thought it was just a smart move on my part because financial security was/is very important to me.

does wanting to "marry well" make me a gold digger?

by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DesignerMom22
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:01 PM
2 moms liked this

No only if you married for his money than your a gold digger. wanting a secure future is not a bad thing

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:02 PM

Eh...not necessarily. 

Gold diggers are the ones who marry ONLY for the money. 26 year olds who marry wealthy 90 year olds. Cock-eyed, wanna be video girls who try to go for basketball players because they can buy stuff.

Wanting to make sure that the man you love does well for himself and as an extension you and your children, just makes you practical. 

misskriss10
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:04 PM
I don't think so. Financially stability is very important. However, my husband and I were very young (we still are) when we began dating so we are still at our starting out point.
frankiesma530
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:04 PM

No

misskriss10
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:04 PM
Also, one thing I loved about my husband when we first started dating was that he was a hard worker and good with money.
mamabear55
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:05 PM

My dh was graduating with his bs, about to go to grad school and I was starting my bs.

Quoting misskriss10: I don't think so. Financially stability is very important. However, my husband and I were very young (we still are) when we began dating so we are still at our starting out point.

notjstasocermom
by Sapphire Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:05 PM
No
Lilith.23
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:06 PM
2 moms liked this
"I ain sayin she a gold digger....but she ain't messin with no broke".
gotchoo
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:06 PM
I say you gotta do what makes you comfortable.
I feel the same as you. Money makes me comfortable.
I like nice things for my family, and have only ever dated men who could provide well.
misskriss10
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:07 PM
We met and began dating during our senior year of high school. But it sounds like youve found a very successful and smart man (:

Quoting mamabear55:

My dh was graduating with his bs, about to go to grad school and I was starting my bs.

Quoting misskriss10: I don't think so. Financially stability is very important. However, my husband and I were very young (we still are) when we began dating so we are still at our starting out point.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)