Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

DH's exwife is in for a rude awakening...ETA

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 100 Replies
1 mom liked this

She is taking us back to court for more child support....  Because I got a raise...not DH.  But me.  Soooo...we are going after custody.  Here is why...

We have to report all travel to the other parent.  She was out of town for work 212 days last year leaving the kids either with us...or a nanny if it was during the school week.  She moved over three hours away in August. 

Of the 153 days that she was not out of town on business we had the kids 75 days...because of the way the custody arrangement reads and she sticks to it verbatim.  We have the kids from the day they get out of school until 15 July.  Then she has them the rest of the summer.  Last year she was out of town all of August so we had them from 6 June-15 July and then 1 August -18 August.  Then every weekend until Christmas...Thanksgiving, Christmas break, and we have had them all but one weekend since Christmas.  She took this job making the same amount of money as her previous job.  She thinks we should pay more because now she has to pay a nanny.  NOPE.  She chose the job and chose to move.  Although I am bringing more money in currently...it is only temporary because I am retiring soon and will be a SAHM.

ETA.... We have been working with a lawyer for quite awhile...since the day she moved them a couple of hours away over her weekend with them and didn't inform us. He has wanted custody all this time and had 50/50 custody before the move. She left town without notification and wanted things changed.  Since she is now out of the area custody reverted to her with us having every other weekend unless she is out of town...which she ALWAYS is...

The kids have complained about the nannies, her traveling, changing schools, and asked why they can't live with us.  Both of their grades have dropped since the move.  The youngest one has started wetting the bed again.  We want better stability for the kids.

YES we kept track of how often we had them...because of things she has done in the past.  It is not out of spite...it is not because she is trying to raise child support....it was already in the works.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:29 PM

bump

ewild
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:30 PM

do you have an attorney?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:31 PM
12 moms liked this

So much spite between people that are supposed to be co-parenting a child.  That's sad. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:32 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:33 PM

Quoting ewild:

do you have an attorney?

Yup.

TheresaC7
by Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:33 PM

I thought they couldn't go after the spouse for child support since they are not your bio children. I guess it varies state to state. Good luck. She will definitely be in for a HUGE surprise!

sweetnsassymami
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:34 PM
2 moms liked this
Agreed it is sad when the adults lose focus on who is important. Instead they want to do a power struggle.

Quoting Anonymous:

So much spite between people that are supposed to be co-parenting a child.  That's sad. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:35 PM
1 mom liked this

You willl probably lose the custody case. Poor kids, you all need to growup.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:35 PM

No spite..  But if we have the kids as often as we do anyway...might as well make it legal.  We don't care about the child support and she can see the kids whenever she isn't traveling.  But she thinks she is going to get more CS because she has to employ a nanny and I got a raise.

Quoting Anonymous:

BethanyJ
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:36 PM

They probably won't raise support because of you wage increase even in a community property state, but you don't have any reasons for a change in custody.  So you'll both be in for big surprises. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)