Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My manager is racist.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies

We had a store meeting yesterday, and several of my co-workers are black, and only a few are white. Our manager is Puerto Rican, but she has a black boyfriend. Yesterday at the meeting, a few of us had coachings we had to sign. One of the girls had one for having liquids on the computer desk, and she had spilled her drink, which had gotten on the keypad and mouse, and our manager had to spend half a day on the phone with our IT department trying to get the keypad and mouse working again. I had one for messing up my paperwork one day, when I didn't even do the paperwork that day. When I pointed it out to her that I didn't even do the paperwork for that day, she said * oh well. maybe this will teach you to NOT mess it up in the future *.

The coaching the other girl received? It was torn up right there in front of everyone, and mine was put in a file. So were the other forms that some of the other girls had to sign. This is not the only reason that I, along with some of the other ladies, think she is racist for.

She always has a snarky comment on what we talk about. And it seems that the only time she does have a snarky comment is when only the white girls are talking. It doesn't just happen sometimes. It happens ALL the time. But when the black girls talk? She's right in the middle of it, laughing and talking with them. She is always making remarks about * white folks sports * and * white folks movies *. She shows favouritism among the other girls, but to us that are white? She gives us the stank eye, and we honestly think that she hates us. I know for a fact that one of the black girls did something that should have gotten her fired for, but the manager just told her that she fixed it, and not to let it happen again ( which it HAS, but nothing is said or done about it, other than the manager going behind her and fixing it so our corporate doesn't find out about it. ). One of the girls ( who is white ) was extremely sick for a few days. She was in the hospital for one of those days. When she came back, she had paperwork showing she was sick, and in the hospital. What did the manager do? Write her up for missing work!

There are a lot more reasons why several of us think that she is racist. I want to report her for the things that she is doing, but I know if she find outs that it was me, it's going to be hell to pay. She's already told several of the black girls to be * cops * when they work with us * as the manager says * white-ass girls. I don't know what to do. I love my job, but hate management. She is creating a rift between all of us ladies, and that doesn't need to happen. What would you do in this situation?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:30 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:31 PM

BUMP!

P.V.Hawkwind
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:32 PM
Switch coaches or tell her boss.
EmeraldBirdie
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:35 PM

Report her and then probably find another job.

bethpelle
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:35 PM
Call corporate
MEE607
by New Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:35 PM

See if your company has an ethics hotline, you don't have to leave a name, they are usually 3 rd party, I would start there.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:36 PM

I know one of the ladies is going to tell corporate about how she is doing, and I'm tempted to let them know, but we are all afraid if we do, and she finds out, she will retaliate. We all need our job, and can't risk loosing them, but what the manager is doing is getting out of hand.

Quoting P.V.Hawkwind: Switch coaches or tell her boss.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:38 PM

We don't have that, but we do have a person to email if something like this was to ever happen. I've heard that she is really professional about things, and keeps it all anon. I'm debating on emailing her ( which is what we have to do instead of calling ).

Quoting MEE607:

See if your company has an ethics hotline, you don't have to leave a name, they are usually 3 rd party, I would start there.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:41 PM
Anonymously e-mail her then.

Quoting Anonymous:

We don't have that, but we do have a person to email if something like this was to ever happen. I've heard that she is really professional about things, and keeps it all anon. I'm debating on emailing her ( which is what we have to do instead of calling ).

Quoting MEE607:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)