Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I may sound paranoid, but I think some one was in my house..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 46 Replies
This morning I was sitting on The porch, this white explorer kept going by. Same car each time. Kept slowing down in front of the house like they were looking at house numbers or something. They went by 8-10 times.

I went in and an hour later they were Parked across the street. I had a weird feeling at that point.

At 11 I laid dd1 down for her nap, got the baby to sleep, and went to the back porch to start the laundry.

While I was back there I heard a noise in the side yard. So I walked around and nothing was there. But then I heard what sounded like foot steps on the front porch. But I peeked around and no one was there.

So I went in. Felt like I was going crazy . Peeked into the baby's bassinet, and she was on her back... I had her on her tummy. (She's 4 weeks old, back of her head is getting flat so I've been putting her on her tummy more.) that really freaked me out...I felt like some one had to have moved her..

I checked on dd1 who was still napping then went through the whole house. And didnt find any one. Or anything weird. But I still had that feeling so I got the girls ready, and called dh to tell him what I thought/felt and that I was taking the girls to the McDonald's down the street.

He gets off at 3 and said he'd meet me there after.

When I went out the front door I found 3 cigarette butts on the porch, (right out side the door.) , and one half smoked cigarette sitting on the railing. It looked like it was left to burn there since it was half ash... Dh and I don't smoke. Only person in the house that does is fil but he's a truck driver and is currently on the road.

So now I'm sitting at McDonald's, feeling extremely paranoid, but I really think someone was in my house. At the very least some one was in fact on my porch smoking. But I don't think it would do any good to go to the police with what little I have.. I don't think they can do anything based on my gut feeling...

What would you do???? I have no clue what to do at this point... But I don't know that I'll feel safe taking the girls home...
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:37 PM
Oh, I picked the cigarette butts up, and put them in a little bag in my purse. Would it be a good idea to keep them incase anything else weird turns up...?
vamaria
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:40 PM

Yes, keep them. And call the police, just to have it on record.

LuvmyAiden
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Security system, dog and a gun on my hip are my fixes for issues like this. Definitely keep the butts. I would go to the police and file a report that way if anything else wierd happens you have a paper trail. Be situationally aware too. That is honestly your best defense in a sutiation like this. Pay attention and have a plan in case something were to happen.

Ray-of-Beezy
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:41 PM
That's really odd. I think contacting to police just to file a report, so they have it on record, would be a good idea. I don't think they'll do much at this point, but I would contact them. Then set up cameras. It's a shame you didn't catch the tag number.

Bee86lpn
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:43 PM
I would probably call the police and let them search around my house and then lock myself in.

I have a gun and a boxer/German Shepard mix. If someone does break in, it won't be sneaky. Having a dog is good though no matter the size because at least they bark and alert you.

Oh yes and ADT!
pasteeater_too
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Cigs will have DNA just in case.  They might stink up your purse though.

Quoting Anonymous: Oh, I picked the cigarette butts up, and put them in a little bag in my purse. Would it be a good idea to keep them incase anything else weird turns up...?

Jennkmom4
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:43 PM
That's really freaky. Was your house locked up?
MistyMoo
by Emerald Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:46 PM
I'd go to the police to tell them about it maybe they can have someone patrol the area for a bit..
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:49 PM
The back door was unlocked when I went to go out back, I assumed dh forgot to lock it when he came in from running this morning. He says he can't remember if he locked it or not..

Quoting Jennkmom4: That's really freaky. Was your house locked up?
FoxFire363
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:52 PM
You can bet your ass I would be going to the police. I would've called when the SUV drive by 8-10 times slowly, personally. Or if nothing else after finding those cigs.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)