Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Looking for some friendly advice....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 2 Replies

I'm feeling down today, I've been struggling financially lately because of some mistakes in the past that are coming to haunt me.  I didn't completely take care of a speeding ticket like I thought I did and my license was suspended and they are telling me I have to pay for the fines before they will reinstate my license.  I have help on getting my kids to school and they are taken care of but I need to get my license back and I'm on a fixed income disabled and having a hard time coming up with the funds.  So it's taking me some time.  I am feeling quilty for asking everyone for their help all the time.  To the point I dont ask.  I need to ask so things can happen. I'm jsut feeling confused and just looking for some outside input.  I've been getting the same from everyone I know so I thought maybe talk to some people who may understand or have a different point of view or ideas.  Something to help me through this time.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
misskriss10
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:37 PM
I'm so sorry that you're going through a tough time right now. I hope that things get better for you. Best of luck!
nana776
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:43 PM

If you got the fines in the same state you live in, call the county attorney's office and see if you can set up a payment plan. This plan usually includes all fines and reinstatement fees. It can take them a couple of months, but once you get set up, you are immediately reinstated. Make sure you make all the payments on time or they can revoke your license again. They usually base the payments on income.

Best of Luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)