Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Felling Helpless, need prayers

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
My father is in an ambulance on his way to the hospital with a head injury right now. He's in California and I'm in another state. He is a major alcoholic and drinks a bottle of rum every day. He keeps falling and hurting himself. My step brother called to check on him and there was no answer. He went to his house and found him on the floor bleeding from his face and head. He called 911.

I feel so helpless because there's no way I can be there in California right now. We can't afford the plane ticket and there would be nobody to take care of our kids while dh works. Dh just started a new job and has no vacation time and if he misses a day he will get fired because he's still in the first 90 days.
All I can do is sit and wait for phone calls with an update on if he's ok. Yes weve tried over and over to get him to stop drinking. It's gotten worse since his mom passed away November 1st and his dad passed last week. He's 64 yrs old and refuses to go to rehab. I'm so afraid I'm going to get the call that he died. Please pray he's ok and gets help! He has 4 grandchildren that need him and love him.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momof2891
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:51 PM
Prayers sweetie!! I know what it feels like to be in another state when a lives one is sick in the hospital. My grandma died in October and I was 800 miles away. Update when you can!!
Mena929
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:52 PM

prayers for your dad. i am sorry you are dealing with this.

Karenjm
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:55 PM

I'm sending positive thoughts!  So sorry you're going through this :-( 

jessica1078
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:55 PM
Sending positive thoughts!! Hopefully the doctors can help him detox while he's there and he'll realize the downward spiral he's on.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:51 PM
Thank you ladies. So far all I know is his nose is broken. Still waiting on information about any brain injury.
Kellyjude1
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:13 PM

I am so sorry.  Sending prayers....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:22 PM
Hugs! I'm sorry you're dealing with this. Maybe try APS to get him some help.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:31 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:19 PM
Prayers to you and your dad.
RobJar
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:22 PM
This is a tough one. On one hand I hope your dad is ok. On another I'm glad he's going to the hospital, maybe this will be the wake up call he needs to finally go to rehab. Prayers and positive thoughts going your way.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)