Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cheating?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies

What do you consider cheating? At what point is that line crossed, in your mind? If your SO considers something cheating that you necessarily, may not, do you adhere to those standards?

My hubby and are recovering to what I considered cheating and he did not, yet he labeled it as cheating because I did and trying to repair what was broken. Just curious how your relationships operate.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:16 PM
Anything that your SO wouldn't approve of. If you wouldn't do it in front of them, don't do it behind their back
newfound09
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:18 PM
We laid out what we each thought was cheating and came to an agreement early in our relationship.

Cheating for us is when the other partner doesn't know something is going on. Aka we can sleep with others but nit behind the others back.

Remember. To each their own.
AZHOTMOM
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:18 PM

Anything you would not do in front of your DH.

notjstasocermom
by Sapphire Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:18 PM
1 mom liked this
If you have to hide it then it is wrong
misskriss10
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:20 PM
We both agree on what we consider cheating so that wouldn't be an issue for us.
Amybelle
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:20 PM
1 mom liked this

If you hide it, it's cheating

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:33 PM
A good working definition of cheating is a behavior that you conceal, that you would not indulge in if your SO was looking over your shoulder.

That being said, I cheated on my DH. My behavior is on me, but it didn't happen in a bubble. Both parties need to take a hard honest look at what contributed to the marriage breaking down to the point if infidelity.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:35 PM
If you have to hide it, lie about it, omit it, etc.. It's cheating..

There are many forms of infidelity. It happens.

I personally have ended life long friendships because he felt I was cheating.. He, however, won't give the same respect.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:39 PM
This.

And I agree completely. My DH cheated. I was partially at fault. We have worked very very hard to rebuild what we let fall apart. I can promise it will never happen again because we know better how to guard our hearts and protect our marriage.

Quoting Anonymous: A good working definition of cheating is a behavior that you conceal, that you would not indulge in if your SO was looking over your shoulder.

That being said, I cheated on my DH. My behavior is on me, but it didn't happen in a bubble. Both parties need to take a hard honest look at what contributed to the marriage breaking down to the point if infidelity.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)