Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my poor baby :-(.... need update advice for constipation

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:20 PM
  • 9 Replies

My little one isn't feeling good and I feel so bad for him. He threw up a couple times last night and now he is constapated really bad. It is right there but he just can not get it out, just blood from it hurting him. He is 2 but refuses to poop in the pull up I have on him so he has been off and on the potty till he ended up falling asleep. I think when he wakes up I will get him some prune juice and watermelon to help him out. I don't see how he is constapated though with the amount of frozen blueberries and grapes he eats every day along with how many cups of water he drinks. Its no wonder he has mastered pooping in the potty before peeing lol. but any know of anything else that could help him out when he gets up? I feel so bad for him :-(.

Update: still trying to poop. getting ready to go to walmart to see if i can get something to clean him out. Does anyone know anything good to help him go? he is 2. oh and I did call his Dr and still waiting for a call back. poor thing just needs a good poop :-(.

by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
jlbelknap35
by Jessica on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:27 PM

BUMP!

FlutterbyMom3
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:29 PM
Poor kid. I'd just try juice and avoid anything binding like rice, bananas and cheese.
jlbelknap35
by Jessica on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:32 PM

ya pretty much the opposite of the bratt diet, I feel so bad for him.

Quoting FlutterbyMom3: Poor kid. I'd just try juice and avoid anything binding like rice, bananas and cheese.

mamalynnsmith
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:35 PM

Call your doc . See what they suggest

NikkiPitt0805
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:35 PM

what about apple juice not diluted w/ water.  DS used to get constipated really bad and we gave him glycerin suppositories.  Giving them to him was not fun, but they worked pretty well---like within 30 minutes things were moving along.....We always called and checked w/ the MD first though....just to make sure

msparks80
by Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:37 PM
Maybe a warm bath? He might relax enough to poop and if anything it will soothe his bottom.
jlbelknap35
by Jessica on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:42 PM

Ya he would get constapated when he was a baby, found out it was caused by premade formula (the poweder was find but the premade was a no go) also oddly both my boys ended up like that with gripe water too. Everyone else has had a stomach bug around here and I am thinking maybe it went the opposite for him and instead of diarea he ended up constapated and I am kinda afraid of what is behind the massive poop too sense some times it is the opposite when sick. If he is still like this tomorrow Ill probably call the doctor first. I am hoping I can get some juiice and maybe high fiber fruits like watermelon in him. This kinda suprized me sense he has been pooping every day lately.

Quoting NikkiPitt0805:

what about apple juice not diluted w/ water.  DS used to get constipated really bad and we gave him glycerin suppositories.  Giving them to him was not fun, but they worked pretty well---like within 30 minutes things were moving along.....We always called and checked w/ the MD first though....just to make sure

jlbelknap35
by Jessica on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:44 PM

I might try that if he will let me. he has been fighting bath time the last couple days cause he has hit the I don't like my hair being washed phase.

Quoting msparks80: Maybe a warm bath? He might relax enough to poop and if anything it will soothe his bottom.

jlbelknap35
by Jessica on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:58 PM

bump for update help :-(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)