Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I agree don't touch before you (or your kid) asks.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 0 Replies
My cat loves to go for walk and loves stranger attention but everyone is careful because cats have a bad rep. My dog doesn't like humans under four feet because they typically are grabbers but if your child asks ill kneel down and hold her and they can pet as long as they are cautious. I don't take her to elementary schools but she likes dog parks and loves other pets. Now I hate when that three year old runs for my dog and doesn't understand that when she (the dog) runs behind me she's scared and feels threatened I ask you not to pet her because when she's scared she can get testy. You can't touch everything you see and if your going to bring a child to a tempting area teach them to ask don't tell at me because I told your child no.
My pet is my property (for the sake of argument) your teaching your child that its ok to touch and grab other people's things. If you want you need to ask. My son is two and points at an animal for me to ask the owner if he can touch. It's not impossible to teach. Just like you wouldn't let them hug a stranger you don't want them hugging strange animals. Bad things can happen.

Oh and if you were at Taylor dog park this morning with a very touchy and rather annoying son while you were in a houchie momma dress why were you in the woods of a dog park without a dog?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)