Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you take your child to the doctor for this..

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:39 PM
  • 35 Replies

My son has a  growth  on his head, and has seen the doctor for it when it was small. She said if it grew or caused pain to bring him back in, because it will need to be looked and probably removed. Well its gotten bigger this week, and is hurting him and causing pressure, so I am going to take him back, dont get me wrong, he is going to the doctor!

Here is the thing, my mom is being a little crazy. She has watched Youtube videos of people opening and removing cysts from their heads and thinks SHE can do it in her living room! We dont even know if its a cyst!!

WHen I told her this morning that it had grown and we needed to go back, she got mad, and told me that I was taking him for no reason and wasting money, and to let her do it, WHICH IS NOT HAPPENING by the way!

I was just wondering, what do you ladies think, am I crazy?  I just dont think something that is big around as his daddy's thumb needs to be opened and removed at home! 

I included a pic, not sure if its visable, but its about quarter sized and spreading and very tight, causing ALOT of pressure!

I think my mother has lost her mind!!!

by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ahappymommy
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:40 PM

BUMP!

kristiansmommy1
by Amanda on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:41 PM
I can't see it but no, I'd take him to the drs too
dalbax2
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:41 PM
Take the kid to the dr. She said to come back if any changes and obviously there has been.
Chibee
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:42 PM
2 moms liked this

what?  Tell your mother that you will do her dentistry from now on and see how well she likes THAT idea....   she needs a swift kick in the dupa.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:42 PM
1 mom liked this
Your mom is crazy!
ahappymommy
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:43 PM

He has an appt, I am, but she made me second guess, I dont want to look crazy at the drs office LOL!

Quoting dalbax2: Take the kid to the dr. She said to come back if any changes and obviously there has been.

AtillaTheHun
by facta, non verba on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:43 PM
Well, I use YouTube tutorials for hair stuff and makeup but I draw the line at medical procedures. I would take my child to see a doctor, listen to what they have to say, and make a decision together with THEM, not with granny.
Superlaura328

Your mom is bananas for considering that, lol.

ahappymommy

I mentioned that it would hurt and she was like, "Oh he can be brave!" I mean WTF!!

Quoting Chibee:

what?  Tell your mother that you will do her dentistry from now on and see how well she likes THAT idea....   she needs a swift kick in the dupa.

littlelamb303
by Emerald Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:45 PM

your mom is wrong and he needs to see a doctor.  I would not hesitate to bring my child to the doctor.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)