Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

does she really need another baby shower?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 193 Replies
1 mom liked this

my dd is pregnant and her mil is throwing her a baby shower(again) my dd's first child is 2,just use all of his stuff. she doesnt need a second baby shower....plus she had a gender reveal party also. glad dd didnt ask me to throw it because she would get diapers from me and thats it

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ranaway
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:41 PM
5 moms liked this
Why would this upset you? Are you weirdly jealous or something??
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:41 PM

Quoting ranaway: Why would this upset you? Are you weirdly jealous or something??

no i think its tacky as hell to have another baby shower

JulyBabies
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:42 PM
2 moms liked this

We only do showers for the first in my family. Anything more than that and it looks like you are hard up. People bring gifts when the baby is born anyway so it's not like you will get nothing. 

whooperz
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:42 PM

sticking out tongue

ranaway
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:43 PM
2 moms liked this
Well good thing it's not your baby shower.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ranaway: Why would this upset you? Are you weirdly jealous or something??

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:43 PM

Quoting JulyBabies:

We only do showers for the first in my family. Anything more than that and it looks like you are hard up. People bring gifts when the baby is born anyway so it's not like you will get nothing. 

thats what we do to

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:43 PM

Quoting ranaway: Well good thing it's not your baby shower.

Quoting Anonymous:

hint why i said good thing dd didnt ask me to throw it

firespurity
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:43 PM
5 moms liked this
Some people do it for the get together and not the gifts. My family celebrates every baby. It's a baby shower. People are just encouraged to attend and have fun. Gifts are welcome, but not expected.

Quoting Anonymous:

ranaway
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:44 PM
Exactly.

Quoting firespurity: Some people do it for the get together and not the gifts. My family celebrates every baby. It's a baby shower. People are just encouraged to attend and have fun. Gifts are welcome, but not expected.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:45 PM

Quoting firespurity: Some people do it for the get together and not the gifts. My family celebrates every baby. It's a baby shower. People are just encouraged to attend and have fun. Gifts are welcome, but not expected.

Quoting Anonymous:

this is an actual baby shower not just another party,they expect people to bring stuff for the baby. thankfully dd isnt the one who made the invitations and it was her mil

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)