Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When Moms Are Sick

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies

I don't know about you guys, but when I am sick no one cares. They all still expect 1000%. When they are sick, Kids and SO/DH, its like they are on their death bed. SERIOUSLY?

I work full time at home, which also means I am a SAHM. And everything that comes along with that. Its freaking busy. This morning, WOOOOOO, I feel like crap. My SO get up and I am like, could you please take DD to school, I just feel horrible and don't want to go out. He says NO. He has work to do as well. He also runs his own business, and her school is on the way to the highway entrance. I am like 2 minutes out of the way. When I got back from dropping her off, he was still at HOME!!! WTF. 

I didn't say anything to him and just walked past and he actually goes, "Whats wrong with you?"

I NEVER fall behind on my home obligations. I never let sick get in the way of family and work. I have also never asked him to take her. So when  I do, that means I am sick. And after all I do for him you would think he wouldn't mind. GRRRRR. Mama needs some love too. 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lilith.23
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:05 PM
When I'm sick, he drops the kids off at MIL, and picks them back up from work to let me rest.
I have a caring bubba, he brings me food and chocolates lol
he hates it when I'm sick because he knows i get all "i'm dying.......please don't ever forget me...gaaah the end!?!".
Tell him that when you feel sick he has to step up a bit to help.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:05 PM
2 moms liked this
Sorry, I can't identify with this. Our whole house was sick last month, and when my husband gets sick, it's always for such a short amount of time compared to myself and the kids. I'm always the one lingering on my death bed, while he always steps up to take care of us all. That sucks your husband seems so selfish.
MicheleJM
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:06 PM
1 mom liked this

You could vomit on his shoe and then ask if that just gave him a clue as to what is wrong with you.  Hey I got a rhyme going here...

meaganmac
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:06 PM
I like to tease my husband but he's actually really awesome about this. If he's sick, he almost never calls in sick, and if he happens to be sick when he's off work, I don't expect him to do anything. When I'm sick, he basically takes over everything so I can rest and get better. He will even take a day off work when I'm sick so I don't have to do anything or worry about the kids. If we're both sick, we help each other out. We had a nasty stomach bug go through the house last year, both of us and our 2 kids were all sick at the same time. That was rough...lol.
LAXmom21
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:07 PM
When I'm sick my DH takes care of everything and let's me rest. He's done this since the kids were little.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FlutterbyMom3
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:08 PM

Sorry your husband is a douche. 

Mine will help with the kids while he's home. He can't stay home from work to help or anything but he does what he can while he's still here. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:13 PM
Mine is the same way. I had a horrible migraine last week and mine was awesome. I am so thankful for it.

Quoting FlutterbyMom3:

Sorry your husband is a douche. 

Mine will help with the kids while he's home. He can't stay home from work to help or anything but he does what he can while he's still here. 

teaandcookies
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:16 PM

Same here, every time he helps out.  I couldnèt be with some one who didnèt care for me.

Quoting Anonymous: Sorry, I can't identify with this. Our whole house was sick last month, and when my husband gets sick, it's always for such a short amount of time compared to myself and the kids. I'm always the one lingering on my death bed, while he always steps up to take care of us all. That sucks your husband seems so selfish.

MicheleJM
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 5:33 PM
My ex tried. A big problem was that the kids only wanted me. I would lock the bedroom door and tell them see your dad. Lolo
jaycam
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 5:44 PM
I think its funny how when dh will be on days off and I'll be sick as hell. I will still do all the cleaning laundry dishes cooking and homework and everything else I have to do with or for the kids. And then once I get the dishes from dinner done and have the kids getting ready for bed he comes to me and tells me that im doing to much and why dont I go take a bath and relax and he'll get the kids to bed. Then he wonders why I get mad at him and lock his ass out of our room. He's getting better with the helping when im sick
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)