Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

s/o less of a woman & forced cesarean

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 28 Replies
2 moms liked this
Shocking. The amount of ignorance surrounding childbirth on here, a mom's website!! A woman has a right to feel supported and comfortable while giving birth. It doesn't make you selfish for having negative feelings about a past birth experience or for having the desire to avoid a cesarean.

If you had one or many c-sections and feel just fine about that, great. Good for you, really. But that doesn't take away the validity of any other woman's feelings of negativity towards having a c-section. Not wanting an unnecessary major abdominal surgery doesn't make you immature, selfish or stupid.

Most c-sections performed in the US are probably not medically required. MOST I said, obviously some are done to save lives and we are all grateful to live in a time and place where life saving care is available. Drs like to schedule c-sections and inductions because they are easy and convenient for doctors and for hospitals, NOT because they are always medically the best option for women and their babies. Do some reading, ladies. You might learn something! Rant over.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Gypsy.Scribe
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:07 PM

MC/Throne Memes - CafeMom

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:28 PM
2 moms liked this
Less than 1% of attempted vbacs result in uterine rupture. Unless a pregnancy is high risk, vbac is safer than a repeat c-section.
Goth_mom13
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:30 PM

yep when i was having my ds the doctor said if i dont get him out by 8 am i would be going in for a c-section

had my ds at 7:50 lol

meaganmac
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:31 PM
It's ironic that you say in your OP that we shouldn't judge someone for how they give birth and then you say this. Maybe you should take your own advice.

Quoting Anonymous: Less than 1% of attempted vbacs result in uterine rupture. Unless a pregnancy is high risk, vbac is safer than a repeat c-section.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2014 at 5:10 PM
Where did this statement pass judgement? If a woman has a healthy pregnancy, knows the risks, and chooses a c-section anyway she should be supported. That doesn't change the facts though.

Quoting meaganmac: It's ironic that you say in your OP that we shouldn't judge someone for how they give birth and then you say this. Maybe you should take your own advice.

Quoting Anonymous: Less than 1% of attempted vbacs result in uterine rupture. Unless a pregnancy is high risk, vbac is safer than a repeat c-section.
FlutterbyMom3
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 5:13 PM
2 moms liked this
I don't really give a shit how someone else has their baby. I'm only concerned with how I had my babies.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:03 PM
Good for you. That makes you a better person than 90% of those who responded to the post about not wanting more kids if she has a repeat cesarean.

Quoting FlutterbyMom3: I don't really give a shit how someone else has their baby. I'm only concerned with how I had my babies.
meaganmac
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:24 PM
Because you seem to have the attitude that it's not ok to judge someone for not wanting a c-section but it is ok to judge someone for not wanting a vbac.

Quoting Anonymous: Where did this statement pass judgement? If a woman has a healthy pregnancy, knows the risks, and chooses a c-section anyway she should be supported. That doesn't change the facts though.

Quoting meaganmac: It's ironic that you say in your OP that we shouldn't judge someone for how they give birth and then you say this. Maybe you should take your own advice.

KennyPooPoo22
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:33 PM
My OB clinic is highly against C sections. A "friend" was seeing the same OB as I was and she had to find a new one because he refuse to do an elective C section she was pushing for.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:35 PM
Stay outta my vagina, I'll stay out of yours.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)