Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Immigrants~

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
3 moms liked this

It kills me that people get mad about having to know another language. As if being dumb was the thing to do! Get used to it, it's called change! It's going to keep happening.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Its funny when people refer to a white person as american. Americans are of indian ancestry. People are pretty stupid sometimes. Take a history class. Smh.
Heisenberg
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:21 PM

:)

Heisenberg
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:22 PM

I don't know why anyone is complaining. If "they" were doing it the white way we would all be raped and our towns would be pillaged. lol

Quoting Anonymous: Its funny when people refer to a white person as american. Americans are of indian ancestry. People are pretty stupid sometimes. Take a history class. Smh.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:37 PM

bump

SleuthMaria
by Love a tomb. on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:41 PM

Quoting Anonymous: Its funny when people refer to a white person as american. Americans are of indian ancestry. People are pretty stupid sometimes. Take a history class. Smh.

Ok, let me get this straight, you have an issue with white people BORN in the United States of America of white parents BORN in the United States of America of white parents BORN in the United States of America, & so for however many generations being called "Americans" & think people coing so are stupid & need to take a History class. Yet, you are OK with either people BORN in INDIA or descended from people BORN in INDIA being called "Americans" or people descended from Native Americans being called "Indians." Got it.

BTW, ANYONE, regardless of race, who is a US Citizen could be called "Americans." Also, ANYONE  who is a citizen/subject of any country in North, South, or Central America could also be called "Americans." Just as ANYONE whose a citizen/subject of ANY country in Europe could be called a "European" or Asia could be called an "Asian."

thetrollcat
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:42 PM

I agree fucking lazy people that wont learn sign language

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:53 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 6, 2014 at 9:14 AM
Quoting SleuthMaria:

Ok, let me get this straight, you have an issue with white people BORN in the United States of America of white parents BORN in the United States of America of white parents BORN in the United States of America, & so for however many generations being called "Americans" & think people coing so are stupid & need to take a History class. Yet, you are OK with either people BORN in INDIA or descended from people BORN in INDIA being called "Americans" or people descended from Native Americans being called "Indians." Got it.

BTW, ANYONE, regardless of race, who is a US Citizen could be called "Americans." Also, ANYONE  who is a citizen/subject of any country in North, South, or Central America could also be called "Americans." Just as ANYONE whose a citizen/subject of ANY country in Europe could be called a "European" or Asia could be called an "Asian."

calm down, its just that white peoples ancestry is not "american" because american ancestry is a different people. They can be called irish american or german american, people frim india can be called indian american, but american ancestry is tthe native people.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 6, 2014 at 2:54 PM

Yup.

Quoting Heisenberg:

I don't know why anyone is complaining. If "they" were doing it the white way we would all be raped and our towns would be pillaged. lol

SleuthMaria
by Love a tomb. on Feb. 6, 2014 at 6:40 PM

Quoting Anonymous:
Quoting SleuthMaria:

calm down, its just that white peoples ancestry is not "american" because american ancestry is a different people. They can be called irish american or german american, people frim india can be called indian american, but american ancestry is tthe native people.

Ancestry doesn't mean that a white, black, brown, or asian American can't be called an American. Not all white Americans even know where there family originally came from or their families came from multiple places, what should someone refer to themselves as a "German, Irish, English, Scottish, French, Dutch American"? Or maybe an "English, Irish, German, Mexican American"? Don't get me wrong, if someone WANTS to refer to themselves as a Fill in the Blank American, I don't care, but I also think it's perfectly fine to call themselves an "American" no matter where their ancesters are from or what their race is. 

Does this, "You may have been born here & your parents & grandparents, etc may have been born here, but you're NOT _________ b/c your ancestry isn't from ________" whole line of thinking occur in ANY country other than the USA? I've never heard of a black person in England calling themselves an African Englishman or anyone saying "I'm German British." 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)