Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

UPDATE: My son is in jail for beating his Bio father with a car door

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 108 Replies

I could really use some advice mamas. That is the only reason I am putting my business out here. My 20 year old DS is in jail. He is in jail for beating his bio Dad with a car door. I am not sure really if I should post bail. I am torn. The reason is because my son is a product of rape. His bio father spent time in jail for raping me. He contacted my DS and told him a month ago he was being released and he wanted to apologize to him for not being there (not for the rape) just for not being there. He came and asked me what he should do. I told him that it was his decision but I did not want to see him or know what he had to say. My son told me a week ago he was going to see what he had to say. He said he was going and his cousin (my DH nephew) was taking him. My DH and I awoke to a call at 2am 2 nights ago and it was my son. The first thing he said when I accepted the charges was "mama, I am sorry. I think I might have killed him" he was crying. He just kept saying. "I'm sorry". I finally got it out of him that he beat his dad with a car door and that he was in the hospital. My nephew came that morning and told us that he drove him to a restaurant where they met for dinner. They had dinner and they paid their tabs and were walking back to their cars. My DS said he was going to go say bye to him one more time so my nephew went to his car and waited. A few minutes past and the next thing he knew was screaming and loud booming and people running from the restaurant and he got out of the car and two men were pulling my son off of him. My nephew said he was really bloody and they had to call a ambulance while people held my son down. My nephew said that all he was doing was crying and saying he was sorry. My son has never been violent. he is a straight A college student in his university and is on the deans list. I am not sure what came over him. But now me and my DH are wondering if we should post his bail because as we do not condone violence my son has never been violent and I am not really sure why he did this. I know some woman say there kids are good but they are not, this is not my son. i also feel guilty, I should have told him not to but I felt it was his choice. What would you guys do?

UPDATE: Yes, I bailed him out this morning  I do plan to get him a lawyer. Also, my son is 20 years old. The man contacted him. It was his choice. He knew I did not feel comfortable about him going thats why he took is cousin. What made him angry was he said he was when he went to the car to say Bye he apologized to my son for not being there and my son said he "well you raped my mom" he said "no. i didnt, she was lying". He said he lost it then. I dont condone violence and it makes me sad myy son has risked his future because I didnt work harder to convince him not to go.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Gardeningmom4
by Emerald Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:15 PM
28 moms liked this
I'd bail him out and get him a great lawyer and some major counseling.
kbntaej
by Josephine on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:16 PM
1 mom liked this

He is your child. He may be an adult, but that is YOUR CHILD. He may have made a bad choice, but given the fucked up situation, you should be there for him. This was probably very traumatic for him.

keeler_s
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:16 PM
1 mom liked this
What happened that made him beat his father?

Even though I don't condone violence I would probably bail him out. I Couldn't stand the thought of my baby sitting in a prison cell
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:16 PM
3 moms liked this

I'd post bail with the express rule that he MUST attend anger management counseling to address his sudden bout of rage. 

1likeme
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:17 PM
I would bail him out.
dallascowboys82
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:18 PM
agree

Quoting Gardeningmom4: I'd bail him out and get him a great lawyer and some major counseling.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:18 PM

My nephew said taht everything was okay. He said there was a lot of pockets of silence and that you can tell my son was uncomfortable.

Quoting keeler_s: What happened that made him beat his father?

Even though I don't condone violence I would probably bail him out. I Couldn't stand the thought of my baby sitting in a prison cell

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:18 PM
8 moms liked this

Did you really think there would be anything positive coming out of this situation?  Seriously, your son knows you were raped. You are his mother... in a sane person's mind, they could figure out that the child is going to do something out of character when meeting the rapist that donated sperm for his conception.  Why you would even call this monster your son's bio dad is disgusting.  I would post bail. He was defending you.  I would also hire a lawyer..... My son is the product of rape. He is 14. He knows. I never told who did it, street justice was enforced.... no police needed. No one that would say anything knows his name.  No name on the birth certificate. My son is my gift. My husband is adopting him this year...

Jessy76
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:19 PM

I would contact a lawyer 1st and see what they would suggest. Good luck!

msjaxon
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:19 PM
1 mom liked this
This is probably an instance when I bail him out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)