Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

all these winter snow posts...

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:12 PM
  • 12 Replies
Makes me realize how few CA mamas are in here. I MISS the snow. This drought has shut our ski area down=no winter jobs and no tourist money. Our drinkable water is going down by the minute and even if it rained its not going to put a dent into the amount we need. Our friends had to sell 80% of his herd to feed the last bit. 120 acres of grain shriveled to dust.

I cant help but feel just a little bit jealous of you gals stuck in the snow and ice. That's a normal thing for me...this drought is an experience ive never had before. :(
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MsEmma88
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:17 PM
Bump
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:19 PM
I am a Michigan girl born and raised
I am SO over this winter
MsEmma88
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:20 PM
Sorry...we have had some seriously crazy rough winters before but I'd take a bad winter over one so bleak.

Quoting peanutsmommy1: I am a Michigan girl born and raised

I am SO over this winter
Hannahluvsdogs
by Keyser SΓΆze on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:21 PM

My brother lives in CA and tells me about the drought whenever I talk about yet another snowstorm. I told him if I could I'd pack a box of snow and send it to him.

MsEmma88
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:22 PM
Ill take some! Sure beats showering with a bucket so I can keep my plants alive

Quoting Hannahluvsdogs:

My brother lives in CA and tells me about the drought whenever I talk about yet another snowstorm. I told him if I could I'd pack a box of snow and send it to him.

....ClvrScn.
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:28 PM
This is a horrid winter here in Ohio. The worst we've had in 12 years.

Our water supply was compromised and the gas supply is dwindling. Surrounding suburbs are out of our almost out of salt, the pot holes have damaged a record number of cars and the kids haven't had a full week of school since the week of December 20,th. I work fir a college. I've missed several days if work due to the college closing

It's been insanity

However, your friends will suffer long term financial crisis due to the drought. I cannot imagine. Financially, we will recover within a month or so. It's the car repairs that are really going to hit us. All if my tires and runs need replaced and my struts.

MsEmma88
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:33 PM
I feel for you I really do. We have had winters that were awful. No power for two weeks then power for only like a week. Im used to preparing for snow and winter and im sure if the situation was reversed I would be saying the same things. Ive just never been confronted with the fact that our district might actually run out of drinking water.

My friends who finally had a good herd of cattle lost everything and now are thinking that selling and moving might be the only option. We are thinking that as well but for different reasons

Quoting ....ClvrScn.: This is a horrid winter here in Ohio. The worst we've had in 12 years.

Our water supply was compromised and the gas supply is dwindling. Surrounding suburbs are out of our almost out of salt, the pot holes have damaged a record number of cars and the kids haven't had a full week of school since the week of December 20,th. I work fir a college. I've missed several days if work due to the college closing

It's been insanity

However, your friends will suffer long term financial crisis due to the drought. I cannot imagine. Financially, we will recover within a month or so. It's the car repairs that are really going to hit us. All if my tires and runs need replaced and my struts.

....ClvrScn.
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:53 PM
That is awful. Well you still have running water that can be boiled to be purified

Quoting MsEmma88: I feel for you I really do. We have had winters that were awful. No power for two weeks then power for only like a week. Im used to preparing for snow and winter and im sure if the situation was reversed I would be saying the same things. Ive just never been confronted with the fact that our district might actually run out of drinking water.

My friends who finally had a good herd of cattle lost everything and now are thinking that selling and moving might be the only option. We are thinking that as well but for different reasons

Quoting ....ClvrScn.: This is a horrid winter here in Ohio. The worst we've had in 12 years.

It's been insanity

MsEmma88
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:55 PM
Oh yes. Im about as prepared for the worst as I think I can be. We just hope that day doesn't come

Quoting ....ClvrScn.: That is awful. Well you still have running water that can be boiled to be purified

Quoting MsEmma88: I feel for you I really do. We have had winters that were awful. No power for two weeks then power for only like a week. Im used to preparing for snow and winter and im sure if the situation was reversed I would be saying the same things. Ive just never been confronted with the fact that our district might actually run out of drinking water.

It's been insanity

catcameback
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:55 PM

That sounds scary as hell :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)