Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

No one will date my brother because he's military. F•••ed up and angry

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 366 Replies
My brother is 27 and is career military. He's smart, attractive, has a college degree, has never been married and has never had any kids.

Whenever he asks a girl out, they say yes. But as soon as they find out what he does, 90% of the time they won't go out with him again, and most have outright said it's because he's in the military.

He was just over and told me this. My blood is boiling over those stupid bitches. He's good enough to die for their freedom but not good enough to date? Smh
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:17 PM
7 moms liked this
They're probably just afraid of having him gone all the time
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:17 PM
49 moms liked this
Why are the "stupid bitches" for not wanting the lifestyle that comes along with being a military spouse?

I have no interest in living that way either. That doesn't diminish that I can respect people in the military.
zianneaaliyah
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:17 PM
8 moms liked this

This is something really weird to get upset over.  

alexsmomaubrys2
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:17 PM
4 moms liked this

I grew up in the military and my DH was in the military. I would NEVER marry or date a man in the military again and will advise my DD to do the same. 

spooky415
by Emerald Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Ok well...you can't make people go out with your brother lmao.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:18 PM
6 moms liked this
They are up front that his life is not what they want, what is wrong with that?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:18 PM
12 moms liked this

Your blood is boiling? A little dramatic, wouldn't you say?

jlbelknap35
by Jessica on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:19 PM
9 moms liked this

Thats silly. Usually I hear the opposite and you gotta watch out for the ones that are only looking for the mil guys because they are a garentee paycheck along with insurance. It goes both ways really. eventually he will find the right girl for him though. poor guy.

meaganmac
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:19 PM
6 moms liked this
I can see both sides of this. Yes it beyond sucks for him, but if these women know it's not a lifestyle they can handle or want, why bother stringing him along and wasting his time?
mistie900
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:19 PM
3 moms liked this
Some people don't want a relationship where their spouse could possibly be gone for extended periods of time and the risk of maybe not coming home at all. It has nothing to do with being "good enough". If your brother is as great as you say then I'm sure one day he will find the perfect person for him that will make him completely happy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)