Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I wouldn't divorce my husband for having an affair

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 74 Replies

But I would slap him as hard as I can. If he hit me back,the. I would divorce him. I think adultery warrants a slap, don't you?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momto3B
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:19 PM
2 moms liked this

No.  I think adultery warrants an adult conversation and a decision about whether either party thinks the relationship is viable. 

zianneaaliyah
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:19 PM
3 moms liked this

It warrants a slap and a divorce. 

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:20 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm of the opinion that two wrongs rarely make a right and I would refuse to stoop to his level if he commited adultery by becoming physically violent with him.

I'd be more concerned about our future and whether or not our marriage could withstand that information and would demand counseling.

momof3grls4517
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:20 PM

No, I think adultery warrents him leaving my home. What will slapping him solve? Leaving to me shows that I have respect for myself that I won't allow someone to treat me like an option. But  that's just my opinion.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:21 PM

Adultery is not the act of a mature adult, so I don't feel it deserves an adult reaction.

Quoting momto3B:

No.  I think adultry warrents an adult conversation and a decision abuot whether either party thinks the relationship is viable. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:22 PM
My husband would never cheat on me.
LadySlimm
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:23 PM
I agree with adult conversation. I also believe that if you hit hm, you probably deserve to get smacked back. Women fight for equal rights then wanna scream victim if a man hits them back after the woman struck the man first. Give me a break.
gemals92
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:23 PM
i felt the same way when partner cheated i left it two days to cool down.. you need to think will he do it again slap or no slap will you allways think hes cheating when hes out.. trust is a huge factor and hard to gain once lost but the same time its someone you thought loved you..are you willing to go through another heartbreak. xxx i hope for your sake and if theres kids hes learned his leason
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:23 PM
1 mom liked this

If that's the case, the. You shouldn't have answered the question.

Quoting Anonymous: My husband would never cheat on me.

KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:23 PM
4 moms liked this
The best revenge is living well and moving on happily.

That would hurt him more than a slap.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)