Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you do?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies

If you were at the park with your 8yr old and one of the kids were there without parents and was a brat.  About 10 yrs old, bragging about how he does buy loom bands because "bitches" make them for him (hand to fucking god, this kid was bragging about that).  Playing rough, pushed a younger kid (about 5) down and grabbed your child by the face and head to stop from falling down when the 5 yr old tussled back?

Would you say something?

I didn't, I wanted to see if ds could handle it.  The kid moved on and ds walked away.  Took a moment and went back to playing.

When he came over next to ask me to help him fix his hood, I asked him if he was ok, he said he was and I told him within earshot of the other kid, "if anyone ever grabs your face like that again, you are allowed to defend yourself and push them off you."  Then I looked at the bratty kid and he looked at me with that look kids get when they are in a bit a trouble.  He stayed away from kid the rest of the time we were playing.

What would you have done?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
suzanneyea
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:33 PM

I like how you handled it! I probably would have said something, but your way is better.

PoisonEyeV
by Sapphire Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:35 PM

I have no shame in letting kids know when to knock it off or calm the hell down.

Just last week I had to yell out my door at the boys across the street while waiting for the bus because they were getting out of hand.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:37 PM
1 mom liked this

thanks.  I wasn't sure if I was out of line saying something, or if I should have intervened.  I don't want to be a helicoptor mom lol  But damn I hate when other kids get physical with ds.

Quoting suzanneyea:

I like how you handled it! I probably would have said something, but your way is better.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:37 PM

I don't either.  But it was one kid, and there were a lot of other kids around, I didn't want ds to get embarrassed.

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

I have no shame in letting kids know when to knock it off or calm the hell down.

Just last week I had to yell out my door at the boys across the street while waiting for the bus because they were getting out of hand.

Heisenberg
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:38 PM

I'll say something to anyone who swears at the park.

PoisonEyeV
by Sapphire Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:40 PM

At the time it would have been the least of my worries and it may have prevented anything from possibly happening.

I like to say something and intervene before it ends up taking it's natural course and not ending up so pretty.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't either.  But it was one kid, and there were a lot of other kids around, I didn't want ds to get embarrassed.

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:40 PM

I wasn't sure what to day.  He's not my kid afterall.  But really, I wonder where a kid that age gets ideas like takig pride in having girls buyyou things and never making an effort yourself.  smh.

Quoting Heisenberg:

I'll say something to anyone who swears at the park.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)