Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

be mad all you want. I'm not paying your car payment as you go to Vegas

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies
1 mom liked this
Mil and Fil have been, apparently, having financial difficulties for some time now. We've been paying her car payment for 4 months.
She only calls me a week before its due and for nothing else. Yesterday she announced on Facebook how excited she was for their 4 day trip to Las Vegas next week.
She just called to remind me today the payment is due Tuesday.
I asked about their Vegas plans. She said they're leaving Sunday and coming back Thursday.
I told her that we won't be able to make the payment this month, we're a bit short on money due to my recent hospital stay and dh missing 4 days of work. (Which is true, but we're not that short really)
She said she counted on us making that payment.
I told her that maybe she should have paid her car payment ( or two or three) instead of going on vacation.
She said that it's none of my business and why is she talking to me anyways, she'll call her son instead.
Dh told her the same as I did.
She called me again and said that she already paid for the trip and her car will be repossessed (she was 2 months late on payments when we started paying and still is) I told her its still a no.
Now shes hitching on Facebook about how her family is unreliable.
Ha ha fuck you, is all i can think

Just venting
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RedneckCrazy
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't pay it either! Hell, I wouldn't make another payment for her at all!! If you've got money for Vegas, than you are more than capable of making your own car payments! Smh

J.M.O.
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:24 PM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't pay for it either. Nor would I feel bad about it.
Pink.Frosting
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:25 PM

Yeah, you can't have others pay your bills while you're planning a trip and then when they call you on it try to say it's none of their business.  It just doesn't work that way.

babygirl4326
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:25 PM

Wow! Tell her that she needs to get a refund on those airline tickets...quick! 

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:25 PM

I would not have agreed to even make her payments in the first place.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:26 PM
Omg my in laws just did the same except they owe two plus years in back taxes on their house. And they expected us to give them spending money hahaha not. Good for you.
OneToughMami
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:27 PM

Any parent who asks their children for money is gross. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like what my in-laws did to us when we went up there for Xmas. We stayed with them to not have to go broke on a hotel room (their idea they had the space) and then after a few days of us being there started complaining about the amount they were spending on food. We offered multiple times to get some groceries and make some dinners only to be told no no its fine. A week after we left they took a firstclass flight down to casumel Mexico and stayed at a really nice resort. Uh... So our eating was a big deal but you can afford two first class tickets and a high end resort for a week no problem... Yeah that makes sense. Thanks for making is feel like shit.
Roxanne92
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:31 PM
Well karma is a bitch
Elyce225
by Emerald Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:33 PM

Fuck that!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)