Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

But it's not there!!!! HELP!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies

DH and I were applying to get a house mid last year and during that process our lender said that DH had a lien on his taxes. He could not tell us where it had come from or why it was there just said it was there for 21,000. We have no idea where it came from and we even called the IRS and they said there was no lien on our taxes but to check on the credit check websites. So we checked his credit on creditkarma and that has no record of any liens on his taxes/credit either. So idk where to go from here. This is like the third time we have been told this but no one can tell us where it is coming from and we can't figure out where it is coming from so this is just proving to be a pain in the butt. Part of me is thinking it may be something from his dad (has happened before) but it actually showed up on the credit report when we did that and we got it fixed.. This lien is really putting a big hole in our plans for getting a house because no one can locate where it is coming from, just that it is there.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2014 at 5:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Feb. 5, 2014 at 5:25 PM

Bump

Superlaura328
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 5:25 PM

Credit Karma only shows the report from Transunion or whatever... they don't show all three reports. You might need to order an actual copy of the credit report and see if there's another credit reporting bureau that shows the lien. Good luck!

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Feb. 5, 2014 at 5:26 PM

freecreditreport.com

they offer all three credit reports.

Charley427
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 5:26 PM
Our tax lien was from when we were audited since paying it off I can see it on our county website under I think judgements or something like that.
FlutterbyMom3
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 5:27 PM
If it's not on his credit report then what's the problem? Where are they getting the info on the lien if not from the credit report? Ask to see the report they pulled. Maybe it's his fathers report? Even though it should go by social, not name.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2014 at 5:28 PM

They sent us one when DH went to apply for a credit card and that did not have it on there either. Maybe we should just try applying for a house again and request the copy of the report from them? Because that seems to be the only time it shows up.

Quoting Superlaura328:

Credit Karma only shows the report from Transperian or whatever... they don't show all three reports. You might need to order an actual copy of the credit report and see if there's another credit reporting bureau that shows the lien. Good luck!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 5:28 PM
Usually the lender is nice enough to say which of the 3 it was reported to
Superlaura328
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 5:29 PM

Yeah, that might worl. I would think that the mortgage lender could tell you the origin of it if it's showing up as a red flag, but I'm not a banker so I have no clue, lol. I hope it all gets sorted, though!!

Quoting Anonymous:

They sent us one when DH went to apply for a credit card and that did not have it on there either. Maybe we should just try applying for a house again and request the copy of the report from them? Because that seems to be the only time it shows up.

Quoting Superlaura328:

Credit Karma only shows the report from Transperian or whatever... they don't show all three reports. You might need to order an actual copy of the credit report and see if there's another credit reporting bureau that shows the lien. Good luck!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2014 at 5:30 PM

Ok. Trying that now. TY.

Quoting OwlNuggets:

freecreditreport.com

they offer all three credit reports.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 5:31 PM
You can ask the bank that ran your credit for a copy of the report. They should be able to tell you exactly where it is coming from.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)