Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The difference between an actor and a soldier

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
1 mom liked this

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2014 at 5:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 5:27 PM
Philip Seymour Hoffman was a rare talent and one of a kind who will be missed by millions.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 5:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah, well, the no talent, loser celebrities get more air time, too. I know more about Douche Bag Bieber than I every wanted, all because I watch the news. Get real.

Quoting Anonymous: Philip Seymour Hoffman was a rare talent and one of a kind who will be missed by millions.
Aujonfire
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 5:31 PM

It's a sad, sad world we live in.

AnHpuresugar
by Emerald Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 5:35 PM
Do you mourn all the cancer victims, the children that die of hunger, the victims of domestic violence, the inner city youth gunned down in gang wars, the pitiful lost junkies, the victims of suicide, homicide and accidents? You must not have any time for anything else because you are constantly grieving.

Good for you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2014 at 5:37 PM

We aren't comparing those people/sicknessess...just an actor and a soldier...way to take it totally out of context.    

Quoting AnHpuresugar: Do you mourn all the cancer victims, the children that die of hunger, the victims of domestic violence, the inner city youth gunned down in gang wars, the pitiful lost junkies, the victims of suicide, homicide and accidents? You must not have any time for anything else because you are constantly grieving.

Good for you.

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Feb. 5, 2014 at 5:38 PM

Soldiers choose to enlist, and their deaths are indeed mourned by their families and those who knew them best. Should I also mourn for every person who died of cancer, victims of needless violence, and suicide victims as well?

Jamie1972
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 5:38 PM

This has been going on since the beginning of Hollywood. 

lovemysnugbugs
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 5:39 PM
Any time a soldier dies from our area it's covered on the news. And they mention it again when they have the funeral.

A lot of people know who actors are, so it makes sense that it would be a bigger story.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 5:40 PM
I'm sick of post like these.People have a right to mourn and remember those that they choose.Suck it up if you don't like it.
AnHpuresugar
by Emerald Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 5:43 PM
Why? You compare the value of a soldier's life with an actor's life. Why not take it that step further? Why don't ALL the deaths get equal coverage? Isn't every life just as valuable? Hmm?

Quoting Anonymous:

We aren't comparing those people/sicknessess...just an actor and a soldier...way to take it totally out of context.    

Quoting AnHpuresugar: Do you mourn all the cancer victims, the children that die of hunger, the victims of domestic violence, the inner city youth gunned down in gang wars, the pitiful lost junkies, the victims of suicide, homicide and accidents? You must not have any time for anything else because you are constantly grieving.

Good for you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)