Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

FML...such a bad day today...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 2 Replies

It started out ok. My kids got off school due to the snow storm we are having but I still had to go into work( I babysit and I can take my kids with me) My husband is away this week so he couldn't stay with the kids. I had to shovel my driveway to get out of the driveway, I get to work and the father of the kids I babysit he says to pull my car in the driveway so the plows don't bury my car. I have a small hyundai accent so not a very big car.  So when I get the chance I go out to my car to pull it into the driveway. I thought maybe I shoudl just leave it cause I ca just shovel out my car if needed. I went against my better judgement and pulled the car on and my car got stuck at the front of the driveway. The driveway is like a little hill. I tried for like 10 mins to get my car in the driveway. ( oh the kids I babysit their grandparents were home so the kids were not left alone at all) I end up going in the house and as I get in the house a plow goes by. Before I could call AAA I get a knock on the door and it is the plow guys telling me I have to move my car or it will be towed. I told them I was working on it. They left. I got hold of AAA and they came out quickly. They put me on the top of the list cause I was preventing the plows from plowing the road good. The guy from AAA got there and pulled my car into the driveway. When the kids mom got home I told her about my ordeal. Then I got my kids ready and I get them in the car brush the snow off my car ( all of it even the roof) I figured since I was in a incline I would be able to get out of the driveway ok. I back up and go to go forward and I am not moving. I am stuck again. I try for about 5 mins and I am getting ready to call AAA again and 2 neighbors come over with shovels and help me get unstuck and I make it home. I have to shovel out my driveway again cause I didn't want my car to get stuck in my driveway. I get my car in my garage and then I get a text from my mom asking me to get back to her cause she has to talk to me. I figure it has to be about my dad cause he just got out of the hospital for something with his colon and almost needing surgery. I get back to her and she tells me my dad had some test done and they are waiting to get results. I said ok how is he feeling. She has good but very stressed. I asked what the test was for and she said it is to tell us if he has cancer or something else ( I don't remember what the other things was) They should hear by Monday about the results. When she told me about what the test was for I started to cry cause I ca't lose my dad to cancer. I just lost a great uncle to cancer, a uncle to cancer and I have another family member who has cancerous tumors all through out her body. I just can't lose my dad to it. I have my fingers crossed it isnt cancer. 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2014 at 5:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
MichLW69
by PackersXLV4 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 5:54 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm sorry you're having a bad day. I hope everything is OK with your dad. I'll keep him in my prayers.
Alyjane
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 5:55 PM
Oh my. I sure hope it's nothing serious. 😰
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)