Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you yell at your kids?

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:48 PM
  • 38 Replies

Last night while making dinner I had the usual experience of a 2.5 & 4 y/o hanging on me & begging to be held. Nothing out of the ordinary but for some reason it drove me crazy. After about 20 times saying "get out of the kitchen" or trying to redirect them I finally yelled. "I said get out of the kitchen NOW". So they started crying. My husband later asked me why I was in a bad mood. I really wasn't but don't want to accidentally burn a child while cooking & I did raise my voice. He is still bothered by it today. Was I wrong? I think it's just that I don't usually raise my voice to the kids & he seemed shocked. Now I feel guilty. 

by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:51 PM
1 mom liked this
everyone loses their cool from time to time. especially when it could be a dangerous situation such as a child getting hurt. i do yell entirely too much (im very impatient) and am taking steps to work on it. my kids are 7, 6, and 6 and totally immune to me yelling. :(
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:53 PM
Yes. Not very often though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:53 PM

Frustration is nothing to be ashamed of. 

Amiehart62
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:54 PM
If I have to get to the fourth time I'm not warm and fuzzy anymore. My kids are 4.
MellowMum330
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:55 PM

Not the frustration... Just how I handled it.  I'm usually pretty calm & the fact that the kids & hub were so bothered mad me feel bad.

Quoting Anonymous:

Frustration is nothing to be ashamed of. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:55 PM
Haha yes I do. I'm not that perfect mommy w all the patience in the world to spare.
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:55 PM

I do yell on occasion.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:55 PM
No I have never yelled at them or DH
MagicMonkey
by Cilla on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:56 PM
maybe they'll listen now? I yell sometimes, it's usually when I've asked continuously abd I'm ignored,
almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:57 PM
I yell almost every night because of the exact same thing. Of course, we're all loud & we yell all the time. I'm pretty sure my whisper is louder than the average person's speaking voice.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)