Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you address.....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies

Parenting differences with your kids?

My 3rd grade students have had playground drama revolving around anatomy books, pg 13 movie discussions, inappropriate touching, and online use. Do you expect the school to intervene, do you leave the kids to handle it all, or do you educate about these differences at home?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:56 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:58 PM
Im not sure what you are asking. ..
FlutterbyMom3
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:59 PM
I'm confused as to what you're asking.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:02 PM
Sorry! Students are having issues about playground discussion. Kids are talking about pg13 movies, bringing books from home "the care and keeping of you", etc. do you think the school should intervene? Do you think this is normal behavior that kids should get used to? Do you think parents should address it at home?
piesmama09
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:04 PM

I don't get it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:06 PM

I would address anything like that, at home, if I thought it was a problem

suzanneyea
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:06 PM

Kids are going to discuss stuff with each over. The school will not be ale to hear everything.

myshoes
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:07 PM
All of those sound like normal 13 year old discussions (especially during indoor recess). If my child came home and mentioned something they disagreed with or was uncomfortable with, I would address it with my child at home.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:08 PM

I don't involve myself with playground drama at all, unless someone is being physically or verbally harassed. So inappropriate touching would make me intervene. Discussing movies, violent video games, or most of what they do online would not. Parents allow different things at home.

Caidysmom
by MindyM on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:10 PM
Ummm we would talk about it at home...
But if a child brought inappropriate (age) item to school, I would expect the teacher to keep it until dismissal
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)