Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How to find a damn job that you can live on?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 58 Replies
It's so hard in MI is it like this all over the US? Everything pays 7.40 or $8
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Nope, you just can't afford to be picky!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:57 PM

Some guy here had a stand off with the cops yesterday and shot himself after he got fired so I'd say, pretty much. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:59 PM
According to my friends ex it is so hard to find a job here. I am slightly shocked but that thought considering she has more work recent work experience than I do and I had 5 job offers in one week back in December.

I mean I was laid off one job this month (hours cut), and started a new one a week later (almost to the hour lol).

She has been "trying" for close to a year with only w offers (both she quit after 2 weeks).
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:01 PM
And you make more than $10/hr?

Quoting Anonymous: According to my friends ex it is so hard to find a job here. I am slightly shocked but that thought considering she has more work recent work experience than I do and I had 5 job offers in one week back in December.

I mean I was laid off one job this month (hours cut), and started a new one a week later (almost to the hour lol).

She has been "trying" for close to a year with only w offers (both she quit after 2 weeks).
echoishername
by Misty on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:01 PM
1 mom liked this
7 is better than 0.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:01 PM
They aides at the schools(non certified) make 14.41. But its so damn expensive in nj.
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:03 PM
What area in MI? What is your education? Work experience?
Plum912Oso
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:04 PM

I am having a difficult time finding any kind of job here in Idaho.  Granted I'm not a spring chicken, and can't stand on my feet for more than two hours at a go, but there is nothing wrong with my mind.  I have stayed current on all my business skills.  I am now applying for jobs I have absolutely no interest in.  My Beloved has been out of work for nearly 2 1/2 years and can't find anything either - at least we have both had interviews, but no job offers.

Quoting Anonymous: It's so hard in MI is it like this all over the US? Everything pays 7.40 or $8

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:04 PM
No, but I make enough to survive. And yes one of her jobs did make about 10 plus tips.

Quoting Anonymous: And you make more than $10/hr?

Quoting Anonymous: According to my friends ex it is so hard to find a job here. I am slightly shocked but that thought considering she has more work recent work experience than I do and I had 5 job offers in one week back in December.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:04 PM
I have a nephew looking. We are in GR he is 29.

Quoting peanutsmommy1: What area in MI? What is your education? Work experience?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)