Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

C section moms help please!

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:12 PM
  • 14 Replies
So I had to have an emergency c section with ds. I have a narrow pelvic bone so will be having a c section in august for my new baby. How was your second? Was it harder or easier? Any tips or advice? Thanks
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
anonymouss
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:14 PM
Never had 2 c-sections. Bump
hopeym23
by J3 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:15 PM

I have had 3.  Each one was harder than the previous one.

pinkysmommy720
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:15 PM
I have had 3 and the second was alot easier because you remember your limits from the first and the third was a breeze.I was grocery shopping with DH the day I got home from the hospital.
meaganmac
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:16 PM
I found my recovery with my second to be harder, to be honest. Part of that was because they practically vacuum sealed my abdomen with dressings and I'm allergic to tape/band aids so I ended up with horrible tape burns. The other part was they didn't give me good drugs...lol. With my first I was on T3's right from the beginning, with my second I got morphine the first day and after that I only got regular strength tylenol every 6 hours. Not cool! But had I not had the tape burns and gotten better drugs, I would say recovery would have been about the same.
JulyBabies
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:17 PM

I found it to be a lot easier with my second

theladyshy
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:20 PM

First was hard and scary as hell. Second was a breeze! Good luck!

Elyce225
by Emerald Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:22 PM

My second was SO much easier. And when I had my second one I came home and had to take care of three kids under three and still was easier than my first.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LyTe684
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:22 PM
This. Though I did have a fever the second time around. But no real complications.

Quoting theladyshy:

First was hard and scary as hell. Second was a breeze! Good luck!

celestegood
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:24 PM
Easier. Just move slowly and don't just lay there. And take it easy. I've had four and they were all easy recovery. Sure it hurts but it hurts worse when you just lay in bed!!! Take your pain meds. It helps.

It'll be ok. And congratulations!!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
USAFMOM67
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:24 PM

i have had three because i live in a small town that does not have the proper equipment to do a v-back. but they got easier in my opinion. by the third i was up and about in no time....good luck and by the way i so liked having the c-section to regular child birth because it didnt hurt to pee lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)