Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

getting out of hand plz help

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies

Ok so im so frustrated with my SO's family babying my 4 year old to the point that she dont even listen to me. When she wants something and i tell her no she will have a big tantrum. (no i dont give in) When she is with them she wants something and they tell her no she will have a tantrum then gets what she wants, all bc theydont want to hear her scream and cry. I have tried to tell them that the only reason y she acts like that is bcthey give in. I have tried to keep her from seeing them as much as possible but they are our only source of baby sitting when we have things we need to get done with out her around, work or meetings ect. When i catch her acting out around them i call her out, and tell her that she needs to stop. Since she has been around them she has become mean, ig she will kick me scream and yell and wake her brothers. When dad calls her out when she is acting out she will 9 times out of 10 listen. I cant keep her from going over there when we work or have meetings since we cant afford to pay child care and state wont help bc they say we make to much, witch is fine bc i dont want to live off the state. Honestly it would be point less for me to put her in daycare since it will take most of my pay. I dont want to stay home with her and the boys bc that would result in us needing to be on state aid just to make ends meet. Im all out of idea's and really frustrated that she acts this way. It becomes embarrassing when we have to take my SO's family out, ig pay bills or take them to the store. (they dont drive) Most of the time i will stay home with the kids and let my SO take them to do what they need. When its just me and SO and the kids she is a angel. I dont get it. My question is will she grow out of it or what should I do?

Plz no bashing i really need the help/advice so i can fix this problem before it gets any worse.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
ff-princess
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:41 PM

no, she won't just "outgrow" it if it's not nipped in the bud very soon. as a matter of fact, it will escalate to the point where she won't listen to anyone who tells her no, and her tantrums will grow to epic proportions.  if you can't get your inlaws on board then you're really going to have to figure something else out.  I don't advocate living on the public dole, but your child is going to be uncontrollable very soon.

TexanMomOf6
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:41 PM
Network. Find new babysitter. You can't change the SOs family.
mayalove
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:43 PM
I understand. My dh babies our 4 year old. She does the same thing with him. Whines and cries so she gets what she wants. With me she knows she will not get her way.
EvaTheDiva2
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:47 PM
My mother did that. Cut them out for over 6 months. Much better now
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:06 PM

Well we are moving once we get taxes back but they are saying they want to follow UGH. They are really nice ppl but they just dont know how to say NO and stick with it...and if i cut them out then SO will be mad as bc i wont allow them to help and see the kids. I will never hear the end of that argument. Im just hoping and praying that they dont move to the same state and place that we move to i mean the whole reason y we are moving is to get away from them. My SO feels like he is being smuthered by them bc any time they need any thing they call him, even if it is a mouse in the house. The last time SO took off away from them they was just fine on their own. If something broke down they still had other family members to help them get what they needed. ig a stove or fridge ect. They took a cab to work and to get food. 

Quoting EvaTheDiva2: My mother did that. Cut them out for over 6 months. Much better now

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:07 PM

we are trying to move away from them but they just want to seem to follow us bc they have become so dependet on my SO. but do you have any suggestions i can try in the mean time?

Quoting ff-princess:

no, she won't just "outgrow" it if it's not nipped in the bud very soon. as a matter of fact, it will escalate to the point where she won't listen to anyone who tells her no, and her tantrums will grow to epic proportions.  if you can't get your inlaws on board then you're really going to have to figure something else out.  I don't advocate living on the public dole, but your child is going to be uncontrollable very soon.

EvaTheDiva2
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:08 PM
I wouldnt tell them where youre goin. And if my so had a prblem with it then he stay up his mothers vag.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well we are moving once we get taxes back but they are saying they want to follow UGH. They are really nice ppl but they just dont know how to say NO and stick with it...and if i cut them out then SO will be mad as bc i wont allow them to help and see the kids. I will never hear the end of that argument. Im just hoping and praying that they dont move to the same state and place that we move to i mean the whole reason y we are moving is to get away from them. My SO feels like he is being smuthered by them bc any time they need any thing they call him, even if it is a mouse in the house. The last time SO took off away from them they was just fine on their own. If something broke down they still had other family members to help them get what they needed. ig a stove or fridge ect. They took a cab to work and to get food. 

Quoting EvaTheDiva2: My mother did that. Cut them out for over 6 months. Much better now

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)