Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would this be ok or not really because he has older kids?

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:45 PM
  • 33 Replies

Mobile Photo

I'm trying to come up with a cute way to tell my fiancé when we get pregnant and I stumbled on a site that has daddy and baby shirts and was thinking of buying those. My only reservation is that he has 3 older kids. The shirt says first mate, would that be ok or should I figure out something else so his kids don't feel slighted?
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Roxygurl
by Sapphire Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:45 PM
2 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

This is the dad shirt
Hannahluvsdogs
by Keyser Söze on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:47 PM

Oh man that's really cute, idk. Wouldn't the kids understand it's a sailing reference or would they just see it as saying the baby is number one?

Roxygurl
by Sapphire Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:53 PM
I don't know. He's really into the nautical theme that's why I thought this would be cute. His kids are 14 and 12.5 and they aren't his bio kids (he adopted them) so I really really don't want to step on any toes and make them feel bad whatsoever.

Quoting Hannahluvsdogs:

Oh man that's really cute, idk. Wouldn't the kids understand it's a sailing reference or would they just see it as saying the baby is number one?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hannahluvsdogs
by Keyser Söze on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:56 PM
1 mom liked this

I think at that age they would understand. Maybe you can get a small gift for each of them too so they don't feel left out.

Quoting Roxygurl: I don't know. He's really into the nautical theme that's why I thought this would be cute. His kids are 14 and 12.5 and they aren't his bio kids (he adopted them) so I really really don't want to step on any toes and make them feel bad whatsoever.

Quoting Hannahluvsdogs:

Roxygurl
by Sapphire Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:57 PM
That's a cute idea. I know his daughter will be over the moon excited to have a younger sibling but his 14 year old isn't going to care whatsoever.

I wonder if a big sister shirt would seem to babyish?

Quoting Hannahluvsdogs:

I think at that age they would understand. Maybe you can get a small gift for each of them too so they don't feel left out.

Quoting Roxygurl: I don't know. He's really into the nautical theme that's why I thought this would be cute. His kids are 14 and 12.5 and they aren't his bio kids (he adopted them) so I really really don't want to step on any toes and make them feel bad whatsoever.

Quoting Hannahluvsdogs:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hannahluvsdogs
by Keyser Söze on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:58 PM

As long as the style isn't too cutesy I think it would be great.

Quoting Roxygurl: That's a cute idea. I know his daughter will be over the moon excited to have a younger sibling but his 14 year old isn't going to care whatsoever.

Quoting Hannahluvsdogs:

Quoting Hannahluvsdogs:

Roxygurl
by Sapphire Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Nah I'll find something more 'grown up'

Thanks! Off to hunt down a shirt and come up with something for his son.

Quoting Hannahluvsdogs:

As long as the style isn't too cutesy I think it would be great.

Quoting Roxygurl: That's a cute idea. I know his daughter will be over the moon excited to have a younger sibling but his 14 year old isn't going to care whatsoever.

Quoting Hannahluvsdogs:

Quoting Hannahluvsdogs:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Fields456
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:59 PM
1 mom liked this
You could get her a necklace wth a big sister charm. James Avery has a really cute one

Quoting Hannahluvsdogs:

Quoting Hannahluvsdogs:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:00 PM

Shouldn't you actually get pregnant first?

ABCMomma0211
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:00 PM
No its not!!!!!

My oldest loves her big sister, but shes also only five.

Maybe you could sit down with dd and come up with matching sister shirts???! One that will look cool and not too "babyish"

Quoting Hannahluvsdogs:

Quoting Hannahluvsdogs:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)