Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This winter blows a$$

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 30 Replies
2 moms liked this
10 days! My kids have had 10 snow days already this year. School just called and cancelled again for tomorrow. I am so sick of snow. They'll be going to school in July at this rate. This winter sucks!
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Molz09
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:59 PM
Curious where you live.

We are in mn and I think there's been 3 here
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2five87
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:59 PM
My kids have only had two HALF days of school in the past 3 weeks. I fucking hate winter.
Lilcountrygrl86
by Amber on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:02 PM
Sorry, today was my daughters 3rd snow day this year.
Tomorrow may be the 4th.
We shall see, its been in the negatives all day and suppose to be the same tomorrow. We have quite a bit of snow on the ground.
Mrs.Kubalabuku
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:04 PM

Today was my son's first snow day this year.  Yesterday REALLY should have been, but they didn't.  I ended up picking him up 1.5 hours early because the roads were getting so bad and I wanted to avoid the after school rush.  But, I was in a mini-rush anyways, because I wasn't the only parent with that idea!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:06 PM
Michigan. If its not snow its negatives, or ice. Our road has about two inches worth of ice on it and now about 4 inches of snow just dumped on top of that. With snow drifts over a couple feet of snow.

Quoting Molz09: Curious where you live.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:06 PM

We're at 9. We should have had one today- our school had 2 bus accidents because of how bad the roads were, and they were in town, not out in the country where it was far worse. We were supposed to get slammed with more snow tonight, but last I checked, the forecast was clear.

We've gotten over 9 feet of snow so far since mid December.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:07 PM
We're in the same boat here in Ohio. It's crazy. This is the worst winter we've seen in a while.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah and they're supposed to have a winter break coming up. Three days off. They don't need it after all this time off. I hope they keep school going those days to make some days up instead of summer time.

Quoting Mom2five87: My kids have only had two HALF days of school in the past 3 weeks. I fucking hate winter.
Molz09
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:08 PM
Lol ours has a crap ton of ice too. I chiseled up about 5 inches of snow the other day. The snow had built up so much that my van was hitting the garage door as I was driving in!!

We should have had more snow days but our town is notorious for not closing. The governor had to shut down the entire state once to ensure that our school closed.

Quoting Anonymous: Michigan. If its not snow its negatives, or ice. Our road has about two inches worth of ice on it and now about 4 inches of snow just dumped on top of that. With snow drifts over a couple feet of snow.

Quoting Molz09: Curious where you live.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:09 PM
Ohio weather has been wild this winter! We haven't had a winter like this in awhile! Lastnight from the storm we got 7 inches and some ice. Schools are closed again.

Go bucks!!

Quoting Anonymous: We're in the same boat here in Ohio. It's crazy. This is the worst winter we've seen in a while.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)