Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Well sh**

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:04 PM
  • 11 Replies
Our house is currently heated with electricity and we are switching to gas. Our furnace had 5 elements and 3 are out and the whole thing needs replaced. Gas is more efficient and about the same price as getting a new electric furnace. We get the new gas furnace in and done tomorrow. The guy has been working on setting everything up for 2 days. He is suppose to be here at 8am and be done by 5pm tomorrow. Now we're suppose to get 4 inches of snow before morning! They will be closed if we get it. My current furnace can't keep up with the temperatures outside being so cold. It's only 32 now and my heater can't even get up to 63!!!!

And by Saturday we're suppose to get 6 more inches.!!!! I hope and pray the snow stays away till we can get he new heater in and running so we can be warm!!
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:05 PM

Hugs and stay warm mama! 

KylesWifey
by Go HAWKS!!!! on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Gonna try! I got two kids and a weenie dog who hates the cold lol

Quoting vegaswife2011:

Hugs and stay warm mama! 

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:32 PM

good luck!

Sunshine2plus2
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:46 PM

Oh my!

LovemyQ
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:47 PM

best of luck!

sillytroll
by Teehee on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:48 PM

That sucks! I'm sorry. It's cold here too. Hugs to you!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like a good time to take a mini vaca and stay in a hotel for a couple of days!

KylesWifey
by Go HAWKS!!!! on Feb. 6, 2014 at 12:24 PM
Well our old furnace has been out for an hour. I'm at my moms because it was 63 in our house. It's snowing like crazy and we 5 five different inspections to deal with today. It's just a matter of getting each person out here to do inspection so we can turn it on.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 6, 2014 at 12:27 PM

Can you stay with family? Also, leave a tap or two running so your pipes don't freeze.

My furnace has a weird problem right now too and we can't figure it out. Sometimes it works and other times it shuts off. The repairman has been here twice, but can't come anymore due to all those without heat (I wouldn't want him to, we have enough heat to get by). I feel for ya.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 6, 2014 at 12:30 PM

i live in a shared heat apartment and it never gets warm i usually use my oven for heat

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)