Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

you let them watch what ?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 123 Replies

Do you let your under 8 year olds watch shows like walking dead , criminal minds or csi? i find that violence like that made me cringe and wondered if i was just old fasioned? in another post i read a mom let her 6 year old watch the walking dead!!

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:16 PM
1 mom liked this

No; I know she'd have nightmares. We have to be careful which Scooby Doo movies she watches before bed let alone Walking Dead .__.

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:16 PM
1 mom liked this
No, but we let him watch The Goldbergs :-)
redbutterfly666
by Sapphire Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:16 PM

ds watches whatever we watch,he watched american horror story coven with us this year and danced to all the steivie nicks songs

ds is 2

Aujonfire
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:16 PM
Heck no! But my oldest isn't even 3.
LovingLife88
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:16 PM
This.

Quoting peanutsmommy1: No, but we let him watch The Goldbergs :-)
rosemagic01
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:17 PM

No. But he couldn't handle it. I grew up watching dawn of the dead as my favorite movie when I was 3 and night of the living dead 2 was my next favorite. If I showed them to my son he would have a heart attack. Different kids can handle different things. 

ChrissyReznor
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:18 PM
No
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:18 PM

Yes, my 4 year old dd watches the walking dead with us. I woupld prefer she didn't but that is an argument that I lost with df. She doesn't really pay attention most of the time but she is in the room. 

rosemagic01
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:19 PM

I watched this this year too and yesterday got netflix to watch season 1 and 2. Season 1 I'm 3 episodes into and its so much worse than 3! 3 isn't scary at all compared! LOL. I admit. There was a scene in episode 2 I screamed like a little girl. 

Quoting redbutterfly666:

ds watches whatever we watch,he watched american horror story coven with us this year and danced to all the steivie nicks songs

ds is 2

Hoppers33
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:20 PM
I don't watch those shows, so no. They do watch Grimm, Big Bang Theory, Warehouse 13, Bones...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)