Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

-20 wind chills?

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:30 PM
  • 14 Replies

sigh

kids has been out of school for the last two days. 8.7 inches of snow. tomorrow is supposed to be cold. i think its -10 and -20 as the wind chill. i drive them to school. its about two miles and that is over snow packed roads which would be icy as hell in the morning....keep them home or take them???

(i live in kansas which is not used to severe temps like this)

by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:31 PM

Maybe they will call off school again tomorrow. Wait and see.

silverdawn99
by Jamie on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:33 PM

dont get me wrong...with my three and the two i watch and my SILs baby its a houseful but damn lol

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

Maybe they will call off school again tomorrow. Wait and see.

Derari
by :::Achtung::: on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:33 PM

Will the school have heat? Would they send kids outdoors? If they are warm and indoors I'd take them.

"I like that about the Republicans; the evidence does not faze them, they are not bothered at all by the facts"  PresidentWilliam J. Clinton

Kermitthemom23
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:33 PM
Colorado, I bundled them up and sent them to school
(1block) I drove the other one
mommaponch
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:33 PM

I would keep them home. 

Four years ago I drove my kids to school on a day that should have been cancelled but wasn't.  I rolled myself and my children off of the interstate.  It takes one square of ice. 

myperfect4inok
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:35 PM
I'm not expecting school to call off but they just might that's what we are expecting in North Central Oklahoma. My kids will go to school though.
articmom
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:35 PM
We are sitting at -30 windchills in Mn. My husband is pissed because they went to Kansas for work expecting better weather .
silverdawn99
by Jamie on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:35 PM

i am 99% sure that they will have heat and absouletly sure they wont send them outside

but still there are the walkers *rule states you have to live two miles before they will bus you*

Quoting Derari:

Will the school have heat? Would they send kids outdoors? If they are warm and indoors I'd take them.

Freela
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:35 PM

If you don't feel safe driving, keep them home!  They won't miss much in one day.  My rule of thumb is that if buses are cancelled, I will not drive them in.  It is not worth risking an accident on a really brutal day.   It's been a brutal winter here too (I'm in Ontario)- today we got about 1.5 feet of snow and it's been -40 some days!

silverdawn99
by Jamie on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:35 PM

sidesplittinglaughter

lol they didnt check the forcast did they?

Quoting articmom: We are sitting at -30 windchills in Mn. My husband is pissed because they went to Kansas for work expecting better weather .

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)