Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The shortage for Gas and Salt is the southern state fault!

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:36 PM
  • 10 Replies
2 moms liked this

They went and used up all the damn gas and salt for a little bit of snow and ice.

by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thetrollcat
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:42 PM

BUMP!

bsingley
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:44 PM
1 mom liked this
I'll agree. Lol Southerner here :)
Kinda made me irritated everyone freaked over a tiny bit of snow and ice. I still went to work. Some southern states declared state of emergency lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:47 PM
4 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:48 PM
Lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

Mobile Photo

thetrollcat
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:49 PM

BUMP!

summerbear
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:51 PM
Florida is exempt! We never got a speck of snow so we had no reason to use up your salt, besides, we have enough of our own surrounding us on 3 sides! ;)
Rachael-Dawn
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:52 PM
Pfff alright listen. I have NO idea how to drive on slick roads. I nearly off'ed my 8 year old on a tree a month ago losing traction on 2 inches of ice in my husband's piece of crap little mustang. However, I choose not to leave the house in it from now on (sahm here) so no sand and salt needed!

I don't know how yall do it. It scares the be bejeebus out of me lol.
TheYesMom
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:53 PM
Should i apologize? Throw my self at the mercy of the Yankes? Lol
Roxygurl
by Sapphire Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:54 PM
No the salt was with our food. We used sand on our roads.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:01 PM
I live in a southern coastal town and everything shut down for 3 days! People can't even drive here in normal conditions let alone on icy roads lol. But all jokes aside, we are surrounded by water (ocean, lakes, rivers and bayous) and because of it, there are many bridges. I live in between two of them. We had a rain/sleet mixture then the temperatures dropped further and created sheets of ice everywhere. That's dangerous when you don't have the equipment, materials or manpower to get to all those roads and bridges, not to mention a bunch of drivers not accustomed to driving under those conditions.

Sorry for buying up all the salt. Because we almost never get this type of weather, we didn't have any stockpiled! lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)