Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Punishment for back talk and hitting?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
I am at the absolute end of my rope with my dd9. She thinks she's a teenager with her attitude and backsass. I honestly have run out of ideas. I have grounded her from fun outings. Grounded from iPad , tv, friends houses, no friends over. Stripped her room (also because she wouldn't clean it)
I tell her to do something and she flat out says ' no' I have even tried spanking. And she fights with me, kicks me and hits me back. She wasn't always like this but I have no idea when or where things went wrong.
People will say to get to the root of the problem and I have tried. There's nothing going on with her that I can tell and she hasn't said anything is wrong.
I just don't know what to do anymore.... Help!
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:56 PM
Try doing something fun with her bond with her she may be doing it for attention.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:58 PM
What's she like at school?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:08 PM
Perfect angel

Quoting Anonymous: What's she like at school?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:11 PM
I have tried that. Trying to get her to shower or get dressed or just behave long enough to get ready to go somewhere is a battle. It seems like rewarding bad behavior. And if we do manage to do something and get through it without an argument, as soon as the fun thing is over and it's , lets say bedtime. All hell breaks loose again

Quoting Anonymous: Try doing something fun with her bond with her she may be doing it for attention.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:18 PM

Sounds like you guys have gotten on a bad cycle. One thing, instead of grounding her from her privileges, make her earn her privileges. Try reading KEEP YOUR SANITY: TEACH THEM TO CLEAN. It is mostly about teaching kids to clean with out them having a bad attitude, but the techniques in there can be used to help with bad attitudes.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:19 PM
Bump
Hanab818
by ThePonds on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:39 PM
Military school, scared straight programs, talking to her.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)