Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

UPDATE!!! 4/3/14 UPDATE!!!! The biggest loser controversy and uproar! What do you think?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 515 Replies
3 moms liked this

4/3/2014 UPDATE: After the Season 15 finale of "The Biggest Loser," viewers were shocked when winner Rachel Frederickson lost 60 percent of her original body weight and received a lot of backlash over it.

Following the finale, Frederickson admitted that she felt she had gone too far with her weight loss training. Upon seeing her 105-pound weight in the final episode she said, "The first thing that went through my mind was, 'That's just too much.'"

However, Frederickson has gained 20 pounds since the "Biggest Loser" finale and is finally happy with her body, telling Us Weekly, "I think I'm at my perfect weight!" She also added that she's grateful for the backlash, saying, "It started a discussion about body image. That's huge."

The "Biggest Loser" winner also regularly speaks with the show's psychologist and her nutritionist about what healthy groceries to buy. However, she isn't too harsh about her diet and doesn't beat herself up over a cheat meal. "I also loosely count calories, but sometimes I might eat an Oreo. It’s not the end of the world.”

[h/t Daily Mail, Hollywood Life]

ALSO ON HUFFPOST
NBC Shows

Load More

TV WATCH
WEDNESDAY FEBRUARY 05, 2014 05:05 PM EST
Biggest Loser Winner Rachel Frederickson: Did She Go Too Far?

At The Biggest Loser finale, Rachel Frederickson stood proudly on the scale to show off her 155 lb.-weight loss.

But rather than be a cause for celebration, Frederickson, 24, and her transformation has sparked concern that the 5'4" contestant may have taken her weight loss too far.

Frederickson started the show at 260 lbs. and, as a finalist, left the ranch weighing 150 lbs. to work on losing weight at home on her own. By the finale about three months later she had shed another 45 lbs. and weighed in at 105 lbs. to a size 0/2. Frederickson, lost 60% of her body weight during about four and a half months on the show. At 5-foot-5 and 105 pounds, that puts her BMI at 17.5 — underweight, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

"I just love myself and I am embracing it," Frederickson told PEOPLE on Tuesday night, seemingly unaware of the concern over her appearance.

In a statement, NBC and show production company Shine America said, "We support Rachel and all of The Biggest Loser contestants who have shared their journeys over the past 15 seasons. We remain committed to helping contestants achieve healthy weight loss and live healthier lifestyles, and to inspiring viewers to do the same."

The show's trainers – Jillian Michaels, Bob Harper and Dolvett Quince – are remaining mum about their reactions to the finale.

"Jillian Michaels will not comment on Rachel's journey as she was not her trainer. She is celebrating the at-home win of her contestant, Tumi. Any questions about any of the other contestants on the Biggest Loser should be directed to the show’s producers," a rep for Michaels tells PEOPLE.

Harper posted a similar message on Facebook: "Jillian and I want to take a moment to congratulate all of the BL contestants on their hard work. We're not comfortable commenting on Rachel's journey because we weren't her trainers and weren't given an opportunity to work with her at any point. Any questions about the contestants on The Biggest Loser should be directed to the show's producers.

But one source who works closely with the show says people were shocked by Rachel's transformation before the live finale. "Executives honestly thought that maybe she'd look okay and that no one would notice," says the source, "but people gasped."

When asked by PEOPLE how many calories she had been ingesting daily leading up to finale, Frederickson avoided answering with specifics. "I am in maintenance mode now so it is just balancing it with life and making sure that I work out and eat right and healthy and make good choices," she said.

Frederickson says of the Biggest Loser experience: "I came here to gain back my life and I did exactly that."

From @MyTrainerBob and I. pic.twitter.com/DQR2JcjkMW

— Jillian Michaels (@JillianMichaels) February 5, 2014
COMMENTS
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:59 PM
2 moms liked this
Wow. That's awesome
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:00 PM
It's awesome that she's possibly anorexic?

Quoting Anonymous: Wow. That's awesome
imyourPuppy
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:01 PM
36 moms liked this
She looks great. I don't get people who say that she looks anorexic. She looks muscular and healthy to me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:02 PM
6 moms liked this
Good grief. ..I say leave her alone.
Anonymous
19 moms liked this
No. It's awesome that she was able to stick to her diet and lose that much weight.
What is it with you people that just love to put words in other people's comments?? Where in the article does it say ANYTHING about anorexia?

Quoting Anonymous: It's awesome that she's possibly anorexic?

Quoting Anonymous: Wow. That's awesome
Anonymous
62 moms liked this

Ah, people bitch when you're fat and they bitch when you're thin.

Kodysmommy928
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:02 PM
17 moms liked this

There was a quarter of a million dollars on the line.  No one has an issue when people starve themselves on Survivor for money.  Hopefully she will get the caloric intake worked out now that the competition is over.

Anonymous

she looks great.

Anonymous
9 moms liked this
She's a smaller girl... 5'4 is not that tall n she seems pretty thin framed... I think she looks ok doesn't look to skinny
Annellyse
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:03 PM
7 moms liked this

I think she looked like she lost way too much weight and from the looks on Bob and Jillian's faces (and Tonya's in the background), I think they agree.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)