Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need a New Vacuum!!! Mama wants a Dyson! Which one do you have!?

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:09 PM
  • 7 Replies

OK! Time for a new vacuum and I want to good one! What do you have?????? Hubby gave me crap for wanting an expensive vacuum and I said screw you!!!! Mr. 60 inch Tv X two in this house, 3 BBQ'S in the backyard and a mountain bike you never use!!! Oh not to mention the $500 beer making kit he wants!!!! LOL.. So needless to say I don't ask for much but I want a nice vacuum! LOL!!!!! WHAT KIND DO YOU HAVE???? THANKS!!!

by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:18 PM
I want one too. You should change your tittle to " walked in on my husband having sex with the vacuum "

Lots of people would open it, and you might get more answers.
justinnaimee
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:20 PM
I have a Dyson dc-41 animal. I love my vacuum.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:21 PM
1 mom liked this

A Hoover. Don't get it, they suck

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:23 PM

Ahem.

So.

My family has owned a vacuum sales and repair shop for over 35 years and I'm always happy to recommend the only two brands that are truly worth a damn:

Hoover. And Filter Queen. Get a Filter Queen with a Hoover power head and you will have LITERALLY the BEST vacuum you've EVER HAD.

They have excellent suction, easily replaceable and serviceable parts, and they aren't pieces of shit like a Dyson or a Kirby is.

I'd take on any one of those with my mutant vac any day. And I would win. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:26 PM
I'm sure lots of people will tell you the Dyson is the way to go. I will be the one dissenter. If you have long nap or very thick carpet, I suggest something else. My Dyson destroyed my carpet in my last house. I bought a regular old Hoover and am happy.
Elyssa414
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:26 PM
I love my Roomba. I just press the on button every morning when I go to take the boys to school. It works great, but we have all hardwoods- not sure how well they work on carpets
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:33 PM

After being through about a million vaccumms, i have to say Hoover as well. My mom had a Hoover for YEARS (it was like number 78 or something), got a kirby and it bites, she wishes she would never have switched. I have a Hoover, it's retro looking (red) but idk what kind.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)