Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

im really scared

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:25 PM
  • 11 Replies
Bm let sd9 drive a car back in oct. Sd hit a tree and her head hit a steering wheel. She had a black eye swollen shut for 3 days. It was bad. Bm gave sd a bag of frozen pees and took herself to the er. Hmm had nothing going on really though. Sds eye still is swollen 4 almost 5 m later. She had an mri and an xray everything came back fine. Today I took her to an optometrist he told me there is a calcium deposit in her brow and he don't know why it hasn't healed but everything otherwise looks great. I told his she was autistic too and that she swims on a special Olympics swim team. I explained that she has to wear goggles but complains about the pain around hear eye brow bone so she refuses to wear them. The dr said watch it for now but she might need Surgery to remove the calcium. I'm scared I need to talk to her poured in the am and see what she recommends. I don't want to do surgey but it's obviously hurting this poor kid. Then I wonder if surgery wouldn't make things worse. All she wants to do is swim but if she has surgery she can't swim afterwards for a long time. I guess ill just wait till morning to figure things out I just need support.
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kissesxoxo8882
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:26 PM
1 mom liked this

aww poor kids stupid bm

FlutterbyMom3
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:26 PM
What the fuck was her mother thinking?
mamaBerg85
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:47 PM
Kid wanted to drive. That's what bmp said. Smh bmp was passenger sds cousin was in the back seat. She wouldn't let sd Set on her lap because sd would have hurt bms lap. Smh
all CPS did was charge her with medical neglect. Bmp is applying for disability so she doesn't care about being put on a no hire list.

Quoting FlutterbyMom3: What the fuck was her mother thinking?
mamaBerg85
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:50 PM
She won't wear goggles because of the calcium deposit but if she has to have surgery she can't swim for almost a month after so I'm thinking it's a damned if u do and damned if you don't situation.

Quoting kissesxoxo8882:

aww poor kids stupid bm

kissesxoxo8882
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:51 PM

what does she want to do

Quoting mamaBerg85: She won't wear goggles because of the calcium deposit but if she has to have surgery she can't swim for almost a month after so I'm thinking it's a damned if u do and damned if you don't situation.

Quoting kissesxoxo8882:

aww poor kids stupid bm

mamaBerg85
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:43 PM
I want to call the ped and get as much info as I can before I present the options to her. This way I can make it as basic as possible when explaining it to her. I'm waiting for our insurance to say auto insurance should pay for this because it was a result of an auto accident. I hope they don't because Bm didn't have auto insurance and even if she did it wouldn't cover a 9 year old driving. Our attorney said we can't really sue because she doesn't have a job so we'd never get the money and have to pay for it out of pocket anyway. I just pay they keep paying.

Quoting kissesxoxo8882:

what does she want to do

Quoting mamaBerg85: She won't wear goggles because of the calcium deposit but if she has to have surgery she can't swim for almost a month after so I'm thinking it's a damned if u do and damned if you don't situation.

Quoting kissesxoxo8882:

aww poor kids stupid bm

kissesxoxo8882
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:59 PM
Well good luck to you all

Quoting mamaBerg85: I want to call the ped and get as much info as I can before I present the options to her. This way I can make it as basic as possible when explaining it to her. I'm waiting for our insurance to say auto insurance should pay for this because it was a result of an auto accident. I hope they don't because Bm didn't have auto insurance and even if she did it wouldn't cover a 9 year old driving. Our attorney said we can't really sue because she doesn't have a job so we'd never get the money and have to pay for it out of pocket anyway. I just pay they keep paying.

Quoting kissesxoxo8882:

what does she want to do

Quoting kissesxoxo8882:

aww poor kids stupid bm

Karen_S
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 12:03 AM

Would a snorkeling-type mask maybe feel better than regular goggles? 

mamaBerg85
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 4:13 PM
Ped is out today.
JTE11
by Ruby Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 5:59 PM

Is there a swim season? Can she have surgery when it's off season?  BM is a genius, BTW, but I'm trying to focus on the calcium deposit. If she has to miss swimming in the short term to have better comfort and be able to swim with goggles long-term, maybe surgery would be best. Talk to a surgeon and see what kind of issues she could have from it. If it looks like a simple surgery with a good recovery rate maybe it would be better to just do it and then be able to move on.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)